Overall Satisfaction with DoubleClick
DoubleClick is used by my organization for digital ad serving and data collection, on behalf of our clients. It is primarily used across our whole organization to streamline the management and delivery of various advertisements as a delivery tool. It is also used to collect various data on our ads, which are then used by our analytics teams and third-party partners to help our clients understand the impact of their digital media investment.
- DoubleClick is widely accepted as the industry leader in digital ad serving and management, therefore allowing for a simple launch process with media publishers.
- There is an ease of implementation and integration with other points in the tech stack due to DoubleClick's history as an industry leader and continuous development of the road map for this platform.
- The user interface for DoubleClick is very intuitive, allowing for ease of use for anyone who is familiar with any other Google products.
- Somewhat frequent bugs and data delays or loss can result in major problems when working with clients who demand to know all details about their ads.
- Being owned by Google, clients frequently question the safety of their data, typically requiring an extensive legal process to ensure all detail remains proprietary.
- There are a number of media partners, primarily in the social space, that do not allow for tracking or ad serving via DoubleClick. This results in a fragmented view of client's media programs since everything cannot be served and tracked through a single platform.
- The setup of custom variables has enabled deep understanding of customer purchases, and allows us to optimize our media to cater to specific types of buyers or to drive the sale of specific product.
- There is a lag time of 4-6 hours for all DoubleClick reporting, which typically requires our teams to wait until the following day to provide accurate media data back to clients. This becomes problematic for any advertiser who runs short-term promotions or offers.
- Analyzing back-end ad data would be nearly impossible on a very frequent basis, so DoubleClick has provided value by allowing for quick analysis of large amounts of data to help inform media optimizations, improving ROI.
DoubleClick is suitable for both small and large business, however, the management of ad tracking and analytics resources to help interpret the large amounts of data that ads generate, is a major consideration. Advertisers typically underestimate the amount of man hours that are required to set up, manage, and analyze large scale media programs via DoubleClick.