January 23, 2021
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with DraftSight
I use Draftsight for my 2D design work - It is used for designs and plots of room layouts and event area schematics, together with custom design items for creation. It's a really intuitive product that works well for me and my colleagues. A professional and reliable CAD that works well with many file types and allows a library of parts and custom designed elements to be created for easy and speedy use in the future on future designs.
- Auto Dimension tool is really useful
- Design library
- Image Tracer - really good
- curved text
- layer preview
- Only 2D in professional version, costs more to step up to 3D
- can be a little slow on larger drawings
- Positive impact - saving time with drawings and designs
- Positive impact - all using the same software helps team work well together
- Positive impact - components library for sharing
My colleagues already use DraftSight and if anyone didn't then yes would recommend this as it's a great 2D CAD product that allows multiple different file types and works well with output from AutoCAD too - Some of the features here are really great time savers too especially when prior projects and components of these are required with a quick turn around time.