Overall Satisfaction with Dundas BI
Dundas BI is the dashboard development tool of choice for our organization. It's easy to pull data from multiple sources into a single dashboard. The visualizations are both powerful and beautiful, allowing designers to quickly and easily communicate complex information in a way that is easy for users to understand at a glance.
- Data access - Dundas BI has built in data connectors for every type of data we have needed, from Excel to SQL Server, to Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Google Analytics. Connecting to data is a breeze.
- Sharing objects and resources between projects is easy and saves a lot of time.
- Visualizations are very flexible and customizable.
- Dundas BI provides the ability to use dynamic measures and hierarchies, but the period over period calculations (PoP) are not supported with dynamic elements when the dynamic element is a time hierarchy. For example, if the requirement is to allow users to select Fiscal Year vs. Calendar Year, we are not able to then use PoP calculations.
Dundas BI provided all of the connectivity, flexibility, and visualizations we needed - all at the right price. We compared total cost of ownership over 5-years, and Dundas was the clear winner. In our experience, they also had the strongest sales support staff. After using Dundas products for over two years now, I have to say their post-sales support is second to none.
We are basically a Microsoft SQL shop, and Dundas BI has been an excellent fit for our environment. Also, anyone just starting out with mapping will find it easy to use the map visualizations, right out of the box. It is easy to add multiple data series to a single map and produce sophisticated results. This has been a tremendous value add for our users.
Dundas BI Feature Ratings
Using Dundas BI
4 - We have staff on our IT infrastructure team responsible for building and maintaining the servers used for our development and production environments. We have a MS SQL DBA on staff who is available for any data issues if needed, and we have developers who create and publish the dashboards and support end user questions and issues.
- Replacing monthly and weekly report subscriptions with dashboards
- Notifying the purchasing department when open purchase orders need to be expedited due changes in the manufacturing schedule
- Using predictive analytics to generate product suggestions to our telephone ordering department based on the customer's past order history
Dundas BI Support
The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and responsive. I always get an answer to my issue, and in a timely manner. I've never had better technical support.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response