Ektron Review: "Moving wcm forward for local gov"https://www.trustradius.com/cmsEktron Web Content Management SystemUnspecified5.6471012014-03-18T16:33:30.110Z
Overall Satisfaction with Ektron Web Content Management System
We're currently using Ektron for both our internal, and external site. Over the last 7 or so years, I've noticed a pretty massive change with the company and its proven to be beneficial. From a technical perspective, I handle the implementation, administration and development for roughly 175 content editors, and just over 5000 publicly viewable pages. I've been very happy that it's been a steady workhorse these past few years, and we're looking at utilizing more of the cms with our next re-write.
- The performance of the database as well as the cms itself has improved greatly.
- Not tied to the CMS in particular, but the dev community on Ektron sites as well as Twitter is great.
- The editor is great, but its still missing some of the functionality of the previous WYSIWYG editor.
- I'd like to see some expanded html forms or custom content types used as forms. As is, you can do basic surveys and forms but anything beyond that essentially requires a custom page / app.
- Better customer service
- eSync gives us the option to actually keep a synced up environment
- Employee efficiency - as they can edit their own content when properly trained
Being a government org, the choice came down to cost when looking at the list. Our previous cms app Serena Collage, was initially poorly implemented, and even after the time investment of getting it running as it should, the performance was still awful. Ektron was the best option in regards to price at that time, and they allowed for us to demo the product for a good period of time.
Using Ektron Web Content Management System
100 - There are a few admins, and the rest are all editors with a variety of positions in different departments.
1 - We do have an infrastructure team who handles the hardware side of things. But in regards to development, administration and maintenance, it's just myself.