Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Eloqua
We are beginning to use Eloqua to manage our marketing-to-sales interactions and nurture our clients through the buying process. We also implement Eloqua for our clients.
- The interface to build campaigns is very intuitive and simple, yet ready for large enterprises.
- With a limited amount of training, I was able to create a moderately-complex campaign.
- The Campaign Canvas allows marketers to think like marketers, and it provides shortcuts to manage all of the campaign-related assets, whether they are a one-time or multiple use.
- I would love to see some of the "Eloqua 9" (legacy interface) updated to match Eloqua 10.
- The majority of the functions a marketer needs are handled in the Campaign Canvas, which is beautiful, but for some of the integration work and program builder, the old interface can get in the way. This would be a very nice to have, but nothing is "broken" about it. I would recommend Oracle address this as a medium priority in the Eloqua road map.
- Nothing measurable yet in terms of hard ("green dollars") ROI.
- We feel our marketing and sales communications and interactions have improved just by defining our process and baking certain decision points into the tool. There is already improved clarity in our organization. "Blue dollar" improvement for us already....
Best suited for a mid-to-large (enterprise) organization, although I could see it working just fine with smaller organizations who need to integrate to a salesforce automation tool. Invest in training for internal folks. The initial set up may feel overwhelming; leverage professional service experts. But once you're accustomed to working with the software, it will become more second-nature to use.
Using Oracle Eloqua
Right now, we have no reason to not renew our arrangement with Eloqua. The partnering process has been very smooth, and all individuals with Eloqua have been great to work with. The technology looks promising.