This means we can create strategies and content with a clear understanding of what is resonating with our contacts and customers.
- HubSpot provides centralised management of contact information and insights for the whole business to access, in a very user-friendly way.
- HubSpot delivers a solid set of tools both for the Sales and Marketing teams, along with some of the best training and support in the market to drive value from these tools and processes.
- HubSpot integrates other tools and services really well, so we can keep data in one place
- We have a great relatioonship with the team at HubSpot as well as the ecosystem of supporting vendors and customers. There are numeros groups and educational resources to support HubSpot and learn about inbound marketing.
- HubSpot has grown the number of tools it offers so keeping pace with these can take some effort, but you don't have to do everything at one! Start with the basics and see some great results.
However, some versions of HubSpot may be too expensive for mic-businesses, but there are packages such as free and basic to support them too.
The key to getting value from HubSpot as the technology platform is understanding the value of an inbound marketing and sales approach. This may mean you need to pivot some of your processes to become more buyer-focused, which will deliver you a greater business benefit in any case!
- HubSpot is a great tool that the average person can jump right into by clicking around. The UI is overall intuitive and easy to follow.
- Support - I've had to call HubSpot support a few times when I began using it. Every single tech support rep I spoke with was great. Whether it was by email or phone, all reps were helpful and clear with instructions on how to fix my problem or simply answer my question clearly.
- Marketing Library - HubSpot offers so many valuable tools to customers to help them improve marketing efforts and gain more customers.
- Academy - All of the training sessions are useful if you'd like to work with the system on your own. Of course, if you can find the time. :)
- With the combination of the academy, marketing library, support, and the app itself, any business owner can effortlessly improve their marketing plan, business, sales, and more.
- Training and Consulting (one time fee) - I went through this and felt like it was not necessary for us. Most of the consultations seemed to revolve around how to generate keywords to get organic traffic. Our specific business isn't driven by organic leads/traffic so the rep/consultants seemed a bit confused and weren't very sure of what to do or say.. I think this should be optional for new HubSpotters. Maybe it is now? I am not sure.
- Auto-Responders - Yeah, auto-responders are great.. however not when you are on the other end sometimes. I had to contact sales over something and was put into an auto-responder loop that went on for a bit without a real response given to me. After I expressed my frustration, my initial questions were addressed properly.
- Clear-analytics - their dashboards are amazing. You can clearly track lead generation sources, and actions your subscribers took after they converted. Did they keep reading your content? Checked the pricing page? Clicked on CTA?
- Lead scoring - you can assign each action a specific number of points and make sure that your sales team gets SQLs interested in your product/service. Lead scoring and nurturing through HubSpot will help you position yourself as a source of value rather than a seller.
- Email Marketing - Easy and simple campaign building, automation, tracking, and analyzing.
- Leadflows - easy optin solution for your site that's integrated with your campaigns. And at no additional cost!
- Landing Pages could be better. Changing/designing them is not very easy if you're not willing to purchase already made templates. Having functionality to build pages easily, like you can in LeadPages or ClickFunnels would bring Hubspot's game to a whole new level.
- Blogging - feature to import blog posts straight from a document (like Google Drive) would save us hours of work!
Now, if you're a small business, HS is probably too expensive for you and will not show ROI you're hoping for. I recommend starting with another, smaller and cheaper CRM!
- Web, Email, Social, SEO, Page performance, AB Testing metrics (essentially all metrics a marketer would look at can be tracked on HubSpot)
- Workflow and Campaign Automation tools
- Integrations and Apps
- Ease of website updates. Modules and coding are easy to rearrange, update and change
- Excellent customer service and fast response times to inquiries/ challenges
- Trainings and community
- No Webex meeting tool integration
- More in depth website auditing for SEO, Ranking Words, Backline profile
- No Instagram integration
- Sales reporting for marketers to track entire funnel easily
- Great for marketers who want to host a website in an easily edited platform.
- Also great for web-based content offering and automation.
- New sales tools are great for sales/ marketing integration and alignment!
- The integrated platform is critical for efficiency - everything in one place is a major time-saver.
- The contacts database is well-designed and easy to use.
- The HubSpot Websites Platform has made huge progress in just a few short years. Website personalization is the single biggest unique differentiator of the HubSpot COS.
- The HubSpot CMS/Sites/COS (Content Optimization System) has made incredible progress since launch, but still lacks any built-in eCommerce or multi-lingual functionality. The future is bright, but it's still the future :)
HubSpot looks pricey at first, but it has so many tools in one place and unifies the user experience - it makes it much easier for the same people to manage multiple segments of your online marketing efforts, and even to tie offline work into online activity.
We also use it to schedule meeting and assign tasks to different people in the company.
You learn, you grow and the friendly HubSpot team will always guide you in case you're stuck
- HubSpot's support team is second to none!
- HubSpot does a great job of tracking all of your traffic.
- This tool has allowed us to show the real importance of inbound marketing through real results!
- There are some aspects of HubSpot that are not very user friendly.... If there is a coding problem, you are usually on the phone with support to get everything fixed/figured out.
- Sometimes HubSpot takes a long time to load/do the action that you have just requested. This is mainly for creating large lists and workflows.
- The salesforce integration is available, but isn't seamless. You are sometimes left doing workflow to workflow to make sure that all of your data matches up.
- HubSpot's pricing model is friendly to small businesses, so you aren't charged based on number of users but instead based on number of contacts in the system. As your org grows, you can grow with HubSpot.
- HubSpot's website and blog tool is easy to use, but also very customizable for those who have more CSS/HTML experience.
- HubSpot has great marketing and sales related training resources - not necessarily particular to their software, but around the concepts of marketing in general which is really helpful.
- HubSpot isn't as customizable as some of the other major CRM solutions out there, but in terms of marketing automation they do just fine.
- Reporting is limited - you can pay for a reporting add-on and there are standard dashboards available, but it isn't much.
- It's very intuitive for the user, making it easy for new employees to pick up the software
- It has a ton of certifications, across multiple departments, furthering the education of employees
- Its social publishing makes it super easy to schedule a ton of posts and see reporting on it, all in one place.
- Continuing to grow their certifications and classes
- Workflows are easy to set up and run.
- I like how the campaigns pull everything together in a place for us to review.
- Smart lists make segmenting contacts easy.
- Social publishing sometimes doesn't work so well. There's some delays. Sometimes the content just doesn't get posted right away and I have to reschedule it again so it gets published later.
- The work flows tool is amazing at automating different assets
- The integrations are really sophisticated and mean that you have more data in 1 place
- The customer service team is always fast to respond
- Not sure!
- HubSpot is an excellent comprehensive marketing automation platform for a small to medium-sized company.
- The email capabilities in HubSpot are simple to use and they offer good analytics and list capabilities.
- The reporting capabilities for HubSpot are some of the easiest we have. We use Google Analytics and a few other tools like Mixpanel, CrazyEgg, and SFDC, but HubSpot reports are very intuitive.
- The forms software was a little limited if you don't do custom CSS work, but I believe this has improved. We are now able to produce good-looking landing pages and forms.
- Some of the HubSpot emails are not as mobile-responsive as I would like them to be, but this could be user-error on our part.
- HubSpot used to have limited integrations but they are adding to those every month and now all of our major technologies we use integrate well.
- HubSpot support is great. They're always available (till 8pm EST) and ready to answer the simplest to the most detailed questions.
- The ability to craft and edit web pages using COS is time-saving. If you want to add a social following section to your site, for example, you simply click ADD MODULE and select SOCIAL FOLLOWING. Pretty cool!
- HubSpot Academy is a great way to learn anything relevant to HubSpot and/or inbound marketing. They start with the basics and move on up!
- The INBOUND events in Boston are amazing. Too much to learn in such a short time but love every second of it!
- Responds to ideas and requests from us - the users. Over the years, hundreds of product enhancements have made HubSpot even better!
- The "dashboard" is pretty busy, to say the least. Lots of menus and submenus. As a new user, I sometimes feel lost.
- Making changes to a web page can sometimes be tricky. For example, you might think changing the wording of a menu item would be simple. However you find the wording of the menu item isn't tied to a particular page at all, but a template. You then have to search for the correct template to make edits.
- For some reason, a lot of the emails HubSpot generates (our leads, the HubSpot blog, etc.) are marked as spam. We had to whitelist all HubSpot IP addresses within our email servers. Update - this is still a huge issue with HubSpot.
- Sometimes HubSpot thinks bigger than they can swiftly deliver. They're giving all COS clients HTTPS capabilities but it's taking forever to roll out. But still, kudos for engineering and onboarding this!
- Reports adds on should really be free. Our client wants these basic reports that are supposed to be free but aren't.
We now use HubSpot for everything - albeit we are still only just scratching the surface of its capabilities. I just love it and my stress levels have gone down hugely. (Even though I have a strong technical background, the prior two years we tried to get a website working with a developer and failed - we junked the whole thing and got up-and-working on HubSpot in just a few weeks).
The other thing that's great about HubSpot is that there are so many skilled and talented people who work in the HubSpot community, so getting excellent help at very affordable cost is now so easy. Any small organisation - who wants to look like they have a "big organisation" budget can really benefit.
In learning how to use HubSpot, you also learn how to "do" inbound marketing. The support is fast, knowledgeable and enthusiastic so you never get stuck.
- Content loading is a cinch. And the templates make it easy for everyone to keep to a consistent look and feel.
- Emails are easy to set up and send to your list.
- Ease of use - even non technical people can load content and use the HubSpot tools - it's so easy to onboard new people to using HubSpot.
- It has the wonderful quality of being both easy to start with and then rich enough to keep you going.
- Honestly - its so much better than all the "stuff" I was using previously - at the moment I can't think of a "con".
- CRM - the capabilities within the CRM, (which is free) are amazing, especially considering that it is free. We were paying for a different CRM software, and it didn't have half the capabilities that HubSpot's CRM has. Clean looking, and easy to use, the uptake from the sales team to use it was super quick and there haven't been any complaints about it.
- Reporting - essential to our board members and upper management, the reporting add on is great and gives you a great overview of the business.
- Marketing - integration with the CRM means there is no loss of information between the two products. Creating campaigns is easy and can give you some great results and insight into what works and what doesn't work.
- CRM & Reporting - there is no multi-currency currently which makes it hard as we operate over several countries.
- CRM - currently no parent-child accounts which makes it hard to manage partner channel sales.
- User experience, step-by-step instructions (video, guides, help desk, AMs, relationship managers) which make it an easy transition and easy-to-use software
- HubSpot culture is awesome! The team are passionate, part of your business and love the brand. This makes the partnership 110% The culture and community draw you in and make you feel part of something bigger.
- Blogging platform is important for us and our clients. HubSpot makes it easy to draft, edit, publish and measure blogs. It is also simple to create and both CTAs and SEO are a built-in functionality.
- The workflow functionality is simple and effective. The new developments fro 2017 will make usability even easier
- Seamless integration between the CRM, HubSpot Marketing and HubSpot Sales
- The reporting has room for improvement but currently delivers what we need.
Probably too many to mention here, however, Hubspot has helped us to measure marketing in a way that we hadn't been able to do previously. It has helped us measure the effectiveness of emails, web pages, landing pages and our keyword strategy.
It has also helped the sales team by automating key tasks and also allocating leads more effectively than Salesforce could on its own. This has brought the marketing and sales teams closer together and improved both collaboration and alignment across the two teams.
We have also extended its use to help our customer service teams with the distribution of key customer emails such as welcome packs. And our IT team is now looking into how it can be extended to help other departments and increase automation across the business.
- The breadth of functionality and how this functionality can be applied to departments outside marketing to help streamline processes and increase automation of time-consuming, yet mundane tasks.
- Being able to have our team all working within the same piece of software, improves collaboration and increases efficiencies.
- The level and flexibility of support is also outstanding with a number of huge knowledge bases and online technical support who can answer your questions first time almost all the time.
- Innovation - the amount and frequency of new functionality that is added and that is useful and easy to use.
- The workflows have been much improved, but there are still some limitations to their size, which can lead to linking workflows to other workflows and not being able to loop in order to end a workflow.
- The reporting add-on is not intuitive and takes a long time to get to grips with.
- 99% of time Hubspot's functionality meets our business needs. Which, in a way, makes the 1% when it doesn't even more frustrating!
Social is probably the one weakness, in terms of its functionality when compared to other specialists in this sector, however, Hubspot's record for continually improving its product offering is exceptional, so it wouldn't surprise if that was the next piece to see significant improvement.
- Content management - it facilitates the creation of any piece of content. From a post to social networks, a blog post, a mailing or Landing Page.
- Contact management - because it allows for a total tracking of each user from reaching away until it becomes a client. Also it helps to monitor the life cycle of each contact and creating smart for debugging database lists.
- Keyword management - I love completely handling the keywords of HubSpot because it helps you to do research, it helps you track and in each publication helps you with optimizing contents.
- The forms - with smart fields [you can] avoid asking the same information from frequent contacts and this helps us limit our database with additional information about each person.
- Keywords suggestions only work in English and short tail keywords.
- Pricing more realistic for some markets
- Maybe some ambassador or entrepreneur program
- Marketing automation with workflows
- Powerful design tools
- A plethora of sales tools which speed up the process
- Live chat system needs to evolve
- The COS design system requires at least a rudimentary knowledge of HTML & CSS
Review: "HubSpot offers Marketers a way to Prove their value, creates tangible ROI for marketing efforts"
- Hubspot finally has given markers a way to show the value and ROI of their marketing efforts - from web traffic, to social media.
- HubSpot has given us the tools to drive leads for our sales team. We have created true value to the organization that impacts the bottom line.
- The training and support us unparalleled. We feel as though HubSpot and their team is an extension of our marketing team. They go beyond providing software ,they give you marketing strategy and tools to achieve your goals.
- HubSpot's annual conference, Inbound, transformed my team's passion. They were inspired, excited and came back armed with tools to take our HubSpot efforts to the next level. It was truly one of the best conferences I have attended in my career.
- The system is user-friendly making your marketing efforts simple to deploy. I especially like having all of our marketing efforts and data houses in one system - from web analytics to CRM, to CMS...it's all on one place which makes my job easier.
- Hubspot can be very glitchy in IE which is frustrating. I avoid running the program in IE as I often have to stop and log in from Firefox to complete my task.
- We had issues when they migrated our blog over to the COS system. It was a pretty rough transition however the HubSpot team worked hard to correct the issues.
Working in a single system with HubSpot saved our team from a lot of double work and allowed every member access to a single source of information (avoiding miscommunications and outdated data). It was also much more convenient to log into one place and be able to see all the marketing statistics (e.g. site visits, email opens) and reach the necessary marketing tools in one place.
- Having all your marketing tools in one place provides your marketing team a lot of convenience, and saves them time switching back and forth between platforms.
- Giving your team a single source of truth prevents double work, miscommunications, and outdated data.
- HubSpot does particularly well with their dashboards and statistics. The Sources report allows you to monitor your website's traffic performance so you can monitor whether recent marketing steps you have taken are effective.
- HubSpot gives helpful tips when publishing pages and blog posts, so that you can follow best practice and improve your SEO.
- The drag and drop page builder and preview tools are useful for a beginner at web design.
- Many members of the support team are responsive and helpful in resolving technical inquiries and issues.
- HubSpot is constantly being tweaked, with existing features modified or removed, and new features added. This is both a pro and a con - usually the changes are for the better, but are often jarring and without warning.
- I often encountered bugs when I first started using the software, the social media publishing tool in particular.
- Customising your site is not so easy, particularly if you are using the page building tools and are a beginner at website design.
- Some members of the support team were less helpful with addressing problems encountered and would close support tickets before anything was resolved.
- Workflows and automation: the possibilities are seemingly endless when creating workflows. I've been able to build and automate the entire lifecycle journey for our contacts utilizing the workflow tool.
- Salesforce integration: the Salesforce integration was very easy and quite seamless. Maintaining the integration is super easy and the ability to run workflows based on SalesForce criteria is incredibly valuable.
- Smart content: Smart content took our email campaigns to the next level. Determined by list membership, we can personalize photography, CTAs, content, and more on all of our emails and webpages.
- CMS integration: Our website is built on WordPress so we never adopted the HubSpot CMS. Though I cannot discuss the quality of their CMS, I can say the WordPress features are a bit clunky. Though I can utilize all that HubSpot offers in WordPress, having to constantly toggle between systems when adding CTA's can be a bit of a burden.
- Email and landing page design: When we first signed up for HubSpot we received several templates for landing pages and emails which were pretty terrible. When I inquired about having them make changes to the templates I was told they did not offer template design as a service. It would be awesome if HubSpot had developers that could create landing page templates and email templates based on .psds which met the latest and greatest web standards. That said, the codex area is incredible and I've never had any problem building custom templates myself...I just wish I didn't have too!
- Permissions: The different permission tiers are not customizable, to my knowledge. I would really like to give our sales representatives access to more features but the strict permissions require me to make them "marketers" which gives them access to quite a bit and has required me to train people in sections which they shouldn't be looking at in the first place.
- Form is a great tool to generate leads and collect information.
- Workflow works well with form and emails to automate lead generation process.
- Email works with customer segmentation of any kind to create meaningful and highly targeted campaigns.
- The only thing I can think of (for our use case) is that HubSpot doesn't yet support native integration with some of our Saas platform like BigCommerce, Olark...
HubSpot Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
HubSpot is an all-in-one inbound marketing engine that includes tools for email marketing, landing page creation, social media marketing, content management, reporting & analytics, search engine optimization (SEO) and more. The vendor says over 18,000 customers in more than 90 countries use HubSpot’s all-in-one marketing & sales software platform to transform the way they connect with new customers.
HubSpot's all-in-one marketing automation suite broadly includes:
- A Content Management System to create and manage forms, landing pages, templates and blogs
- Online Marketing capabilities to ensure that content can be found through search engines, social networks, email, blogs, etc.
- Lead Management for generating, nurturing, scoring, segmenting and tracking leads
- Reporting & Analysis to track and optimize all marketing data including contacts, content and website
HubSpot's marketing platform integrates with popular CRM systems like Salesforce, or can be used with the free HubSpot CRM for a true all-in-one experience. The vendor says this results in less hassle, more control, and an inbound strategy that actually works.
HubSpot aims to help businesses leave behind dated approaches to driving business growth in favor of an inbound approach - attracting new visitors, converting them as leads, closing them as customers, and delighting them over the long term.
|Basic||$200||per month (up to 100 contacts)|
|Pro||$800||per month (up to 1,000 contacts)|
|Enterprise||$2,400||per month (up to 10,000 contacts)|
HubSpot Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
HubSpot Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||United States, Argentina, Austria, Australia/Cocos/Christmas Island, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland/Aland Islands, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, India, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom|
|Supported Languages: ||English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish|