Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Eloqua
Eloqua is currently used by North American marketing but we are in the process of rolling out the product to EU & LATAM divisions. Eloqua is used as an E-marketing platform to engage a broad array of customers. We are currently finishing a custom integration with Salesforce.com. Eloqua is also integrated with our .com and CMS.
- Forms - easily deployed to both internal and external sites with full tracking.
- Landing Pages - easily created and require a low skill threshold to deploy.
- Templates - whether forms, email, or landing pages it's easy to reuse content.
- API - not enough of the underlying database is exposed. Specifically - it's difficult to attribute an "action" to a campaign.
- Data Manipulation - specifically the fields to make complex decisions aren't always available and you may have to switch between the campaign canvas and program builder to access what is available.
- Bulk Export - never worked right since E10 was released. Old legacy jobs developed in E9 still give data that we are not able to export. I don't think Eloqua understands the problem since I've received multiple answers in response to "why can't I export activities through your UI?".
- Time to response on inbound forms has dropped under five minutes as we're able to route the form to the correct person for a quick callback.
- Marketing Operations is able to do the bulk of their work without code.
- The ability to view all the targets digital interactions enables better targeting.
- Marketo,Silverpop Engage
Silverpop lacked features and Marketo appeared to be "a year away" at the time of evaluation. Eloqua was also highly recommended.
How tightly - and how customized - do you plan to integrate Eloqua with your CRM? Do you need to ability to work with data in another environment? If so - I would caution the buyer to make an informed decision and to speak with companies (not agencies) who have completed the process. If the buyer is looking for an effective and easy-to-use E-Marketing tool with robust support I heartily endorse Eloqua.
Using Oracle Eloqua
Eloqua is meeting our requirements and we have a ton of man hours in both training and custom integration.