Eloqua in the Enterprise - it's not as complex as you think
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Eloqua
Eloqua is used across our organization, primarily for Field Marketing, Web Marketing and Marketing Operations. Sales uses some modules. We've recently upgraded from Eloqua's E9 to the new E10 platform. We use Eloqua primarily for lead scoring and nurture programs in an effort to generate MQL's for our Sales team.
- The lead scoring module in E10 is a huge step in the right direction - great upgrade. This makes it very turnkey for an organization to implement a sophisticated lead scoring system out of the box.
- Campaign canvas is also a very nice upgrade. I like that it's very visual and intuitive. I feel there's room for improvement, but this is a great place to start out with campaigns, testing scenarios and more.
- Minimal training is required for those that consider themselves fairly tech savvy. Eloqua is a very user friendly platform and generally intuitive. Pay special attention to implementing your business' specific rules and you'll be all good.
- I'd like to see at a glance reporting from the campaign canvas - something between the short reports you find under "settings" and the large, complex reports in Insight
- Difficult to see email batch send stats *before* you send (like you could in E9). Now, on campaign canvas, you just have to hope it's all set up properly - there's no pre-analysis to give you an idea of what will happen once you activate.
- We are able to track through lead scoring and nurture programs, MQL's generated and passed to sales. We're now able to closed loop report on campaigns that generate opportunities in our CRM system to justify marketing activities. This is hugely valuable in terms of justifying marketing's contribution and helpful when planning programs.