Overall Satisfaction with Episerver Digital Commerce
We are an implementation partner of Episerver selling EPI licenses and solutions. Our clients include both CMS and commerce domains. We have developed multiple sites with Episerver. The websites are mostly used as online order taking tool that serves the B2B industry.
- CMS capabilities. It supports the marketing strategy pretty well.
- Custom pricing (qty based or market specific). Very useful in B2B domain.
- It supports plug and play architecture pretty well. Makes it easy to build solutions on top of it.
- Support. Episerver used to have direct support and access to the tech team to discuss and resolve issues. The new support portal is not enough for developer needs.
- Quality Assurance. We find issues in the Episerver code that should have been resolved in QA before release.
- Sales. Episervers sells the framework as a solution while showing Alloy. While it helps Episerver sell more, it puts the implementation partner into trouble as the client thinks they bought the solution. Episerver does not provide a solution. It provides a framework that you can build a solution on.
I think it will have a great impact. Currently Episerver has a native solution for CMS and a commerce solution bought from Mediachase. Episerver's native APIs have more caching capabilities and are tied more towards the other CMS features. We would love to let the commerce solution and database go away.