IMH - The next step in Email Marketing.https://www.trustradius.com/email-marketingSalesforce Marketing Cloud Email StudioUnspecified7.83471012014-01-21T21:34:44.159Z
January 21, 2014
IMH - The next step in Email Marketing.
Score 8 out of 101
Both IMH and regular
We use Interactive Marketing Hub to automate email campaigns, monitor performance, and execute deliverables. It is used by our department, but also drives decisions in other departments as well. It goes a long way towards creating truly automated and response-driven marketing content, which is a huge competitive advantage for those companies with the expertise required to build such content.
- Marketing Program Automation - can transfer files, query/append data, and branch based on decisions
- Monitoring - Much more descriptive than past versions of ET. Allows for tracking of multiple campaigns in a central location.
- Visual - Much more intuitive, and really helps when trying to relay a process to someone who hasn't been involved.
- Wait - Building a wait into a process can sometimes jeopardize the automation, but this function may be necessary for external processes to complete.
- Price - this should be the standard version of ET.
- Events - event capabilities could be expanded.
- Better execution/monitoring - when multiple steps are involved, IMH is great at dashboarding.
- Facilitates exploratory campaigns - it is great at instilling confidence when you're trying a new facet of a campaign, due to the process transparency.
- Cloud - can be a double-edged sword. Allows for on the go access, but isn't truly mobile-friendly, and can sometimes sputter. But certainly will improve with time.
Constant Contact is better for campaigns tied to events, but is MUCH less complex, and that quickly becomes a problem. ET IMT is great for anything more complex, and for any mid-size or above business. It also allows straight HTML and dynamically-coded emails, whereas the template system in Constant Contact quickly belies the fact that it is old and rigid.
This is largely up to the client choosing the service again, but given our (and their) increased ability to 'pull back the curtain', we do not anticipate anything changing. I'm excited to see what the updates to the interactive marketing hub bring, and I am hoping for further app marketplace integration, as we've already had the pleasure of working with some of those companies.
You need to accurately diagnose the level of complexity of the campaigns you want to execute. For simple requests, it is overkill. On the contrary, for response based campaigns, it excels. The interface alone is a significant upgrade over lesser versions of Exact Target. The sheer potential of the IMH is worth it for companies who dream big.