Constant Contact Reviews

April 06, 2021
Terri Betts | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, Constant Contact is being used for email marketing and fundraising at Health Care Center for the Homeless. Year-end giving and opportunities like Giving Tuesday are the main uses. As a one woman development department with a strong lean towards proposal writing, I wish I had more time to use it to provide regular newsletters and patient or clients stores to keep our supporters up to date and informed of all the good work we do. While COVID-19 should have pushed our usage higher, it turned my focus to other areas and temporarily derailed my plans to make better use of this platform.
  • User friendly (even for marketing challenged people like me)
  • Ability to keep previous templates
  • Scheduling when you want emails to go out
  • Reporting back to the user on open rates, etc.
  • Ability to send yourself a test message
  • Maybe make a bit more intuitive
  • Have it make suggestions for what you could or should do
  • More storage room for pics, logos, etc. (without additional cost)
  • While I think it is user friendly in general, I need a bit more guidance with options and possibilities
I think it really is a great resource for smaller non-profits and those with smaller development/marketing teams. While permission based marketing should provide you with a larger opening percentage, we struggle with that. If someone doesn't sign up, they don't get the emails. In this case, sending it to your contact list outside of Constant Contact is better. But the templates inside Constant Contact offer a better visual result in my opinion. I do not have strong design skills and need the templates.
Read Terri Betts's full review
April 03, 2021
Darcy Knapp, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Constant Contact to keep in touch with all our customers - in multiple channels. Our corp clients all receive a monthly newsletter and an occasional extra email blast. Our ecommerce clients get quarterly sales alerts. Our event clients get alerts structured around our annual events. By having multiple touch points for all channels we keep our branding in the minds of our customer groups.
  • Excellent mobile friendly templates
  • Easy to repurpose past event eblasts
  • List segmentation insures that the right list gets the appropriate email
  • Open data lets you know what is working
  • Would love more free stock artwork to be available
Constant Contact is the best in class. If you need a cheap system, this is not it, but if you need to grow your business with exceptional quality newsletters and offers, this is the program you want. We run email marketing for clients in several platforms, Constant Contact is by far the easiest to manage and creates the best looking emails for our marketing needs.
Read Darcy Knapp, MBA's full review
Ken Dwight | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's being used by the whole organization (one-person company)! Used to share information with clients and prospective clients, in the form of newsletters, invitations to webinars and other events, and distributing additional resources to clients. Constant Contact handles the details, such as list maintenance, unsubscribes, spam filters, and blacklisting, as well as compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act.
  • Helps with formatting e-mail messages.
  • Reporting on results, including delivery rates, open rates, and click rates.
  • Option to resend messages to addressees who have not opened the original message.
  • Ability to put contacts into multiple categories and select by group.
  • Spacing on finished e-mails is not always WYSIWYG.
  • Sometimes difficult to tweak appearance of text.
  • Difficult to confirm text color; on multiple occasions, some text has been black, while adjacent paragraphs have been grey, but not obvious until sent to the selected Group.
  • Graphic elements are confusing in their placement and sizing.
Good for a small shop such as mine, too much for some micro-businesses. Larger organizations have more choices in their budget range.
Read Ken Dwight's full review
Emily Westergaard | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Constant Contact to send regular email communications with donors and other interested parties. Constant Contact integrates fully with our donor management software, which makes it significantly easier to keep email addresses updated and manage communication preferences from donors.

Constant Contact also provides a way to evaluate the success of our communications by tracking what features, articles, and info the recipients interact with.
  • Integrates with donor management software
  • Tracks information on recipient engagement
  • Easy to create well designed emails
  • Provides lots of templates to customize
  • Pricier than other options that don't have the integration of Constant Contact
  • Creating an email can take longer than simply sending from an email provider
  • Additional users are an extra charge
If you have a donor/client database that is used to manage contact information, Constant Contact's integration is essential. Any updated or changed emails in the database will automatically update in Constant Contact. Any unsubscribes from Constant Contact will cascade back to the database. Additionally, the integration creates a record in the database indicating that a recipient has received a specific email, and will link back to that email in Constant Contact for future reference.

My only complaint about Constant Contact is the price for nonprofits, which is significantly higher than other email management systems.
Read Emily Westergaard's full review
Corinne Gibson | TrustRadius Reviewer
In my previous position, I used Constant Contact just within the marketing department. Now, as a consultant, I see it used primarily in the same way. Within marketing or communication departments. For one of my clients, they have users across the organization, but with limited capabilities to simply view the data at their leisure rather than actually having a role within the software. The business problems it solves is organizing customers/contacts/clients and allows you to regularly communicate with them.
  • Constant Contact organizes clients/customers/consumer data all in one place
  • Constant Contact allows you to build customized email campaigns
  • Constant Contact allows you to segment customers to send messages to niche groups
  • The campaign builder could use some improvement because the emails can often appear structured and stiff rather than fluid
  • The campaign builder could also be more user friendly
  • The pay structure could be better--paying per contact is an older model for collecting payment
Constant Contact is well suited for basic organizations simply looking to send messages. It is not for companies that are looking to send advanced messages that look modern. It is for companies who have multiple contacts that need organization, but you have to keep in mind that the more contacts you have, the more expensive your system will get.
Read Corinne Gibson's full review
July 18, 2020
Stephen Sokolowski | TrustRadius Reviewer
Prohashing had never used E-Mail marketing before. About two years ago, we added an opt-in checkbox to our website for a future mailing list, but we never got around to sending any messages. This year, I researched multiple platforms and decided that Constant Contact would be a good place to start, given that we had little experience with marketing and that their interface was easy to use. We had about 6218 subscribers.
  • The customer service team is friendly (but often unable to help).
  • The customers who received the E-Mail saw the intended design.
  • Their compliance department said my industry sends spam and closed my account, even though I only sent one message in 7 days.
  • I waited on hold for 2 hours and 47 minutes over six calls and still couldn't get a technical issue resolved.
  • Because they suddenly closed the account without contacting me first, I lost hundreds of dollars in salaries put into researching their API and setting up templates.
  • They do not offer true two-factor authentication using the TOTP algorithm, a must for any account with thousands of subscribers. Constant Contact's authentication method is vulnerable to an attack known as a "SIM swap."
Constant Contact was one of the worst companies I've ever done business with. Mailchimp is a better alternative for E-Mail marketing at a similar price.

I spent hours on the phone with the company trying to figure out SPF and DKIM records, and the department that could answer the question had a wait time of 1 hour and 48 minutes the last time I called. I fixed the problem through a Google search several hours later.

Three days after my first message and 27 days after signup, they suddenly closed my account, stating that my industry was "prone to spam," wasting the money I paid employees to learn their system. I had specifically told them exactly what industry I was working in a month earlier and they waited until I had already invested a lot of resources into them. They never accused me of actually sending spam.

After cancelling the account, they did not respond to my request for them to permanently delete my list, worrying me that the information could be used to discriminate against my customers or be unnecessarily lost in a data breach.

Despite their frequent sales calls claiming I was a valued customer, they didn't bother to contact me to ask about the strict regulations we adhere to. I would never recommend that anyone use Constant Contact for the financial reason - this experience shows that you can invest a lot of money into working with their platform, and then have it suddenly end up wasted, with no legal recourse.
Read Stephen Sokolowski's full review
February 25, 2020
Jason Kelly | TrustRadius Reviewer
Constant Contact is being used as our primary marketing email sending and list storage service. We also use it to for event registration and ticket payment, which integrates with a third-party payment processor. Furthermore, we use Constant Contact's reporting tool to measure email open and click rates and perform AB test to improve those numbers.
  • Constant Contact's email-creation UI is easy and powerful. This makes creating new emails and newsletters fast for even non-technical users. The user has many options to customize the email with images, buttons, links, and more.
  • Constant Contact is more than just a email sending service. Their other campaign types include event registration, surveys, and A/B tests. Each of these campaigns can add value to your company beyond just email.
  • Constant Contact offers many email templates to choose from. Whether you are looking to send a bulk newsletter or a more personal note, there will be template for you to work off of and further customize.
  • Constant Contact's list management UI is not the best. Selecting a list on the Contacts home page does not link you directly to the list, so refreshing the page means you have to re-select the list, which is a couple clicks away. This becomes troublesome when updating contacts in a separate tab and hoping to refresh the list page to see the results.
  • The UI of the Contact page is also not great. There is a confusion between lists and tags, and the data fields are not organized well.
  • The reporting features, while useful, lack customizability. More than surface level data analysis needs done with an import into Excel.
Constant Contact is well suited for a small or medium-sized business that needs to send regular marketing emails and collect leads without much headache. The email builder is nice and the extra features, such as event registration and reporting, are helpful, as well. Constant Contact is less appropriate for a larger business that wants to deeply analyze their email success rates.
Read Jason Kelly's full review
December 14, 2019
Jason Carlage | TrustRadius Reviewer
Constant Contact is used to send email campaigns to current and prospective customers. It allows us to send an email with a variety of fonts and images to hundreds or even thousands of contacts at once, and provides helpful analytics such as open and click rates. We can use email templates or we can copy the same campaign over and over, saving us time from having to recreate what we've done.
  • Ease of use. It's quick and easy to create campaigns, and once they've been created it's even easier to use them again.
  • Uploading lists of contacts. You can quickly upload a list via Excel or CVS file.
  • The fee structure is based on the number of contacts, so rather than store all of our email contacts on Constant Contacts, we try to add and delete lists to keep the monthly cost down. This can be slightly tedious for the cost-conscious company.
  • While there is a 60-day free trial, there is no free version for extended use. For the small business, a longer free version during lean months or for further analysis would be helpful.
Constant Contact is terrific for an organization with a marketing budget that would like to send out a variety of emails with visuals, videos, surveys and/or coupons. It's a quick way to reach thousands of potential and/or current customers at a reasonable price. However, for the startup or the company that is very concerned about budget, there is no free version and the monthly paid versions can be a bit more pricey than some comparable competitors.
Read Jason Carlage's full review
January 30, 2020
Ashley DeLorenzo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Constant Contact is the main way that we reach out to our donors and team members. It provides easy to use formats and they are appealing to the eye! It can be used by our whole team. This makes sending mass emails a breeze. We are able to select certain groups, tags, etc. and tailor the email to them.
  • Connects with contacts in DonorPerfect.
  • Constantly updating subcribers/unsubscribers.
Small non-profits who do not have the time/resources to spend hours upon hours curating emails and subscriber lists. This takes care of all of that! It allows for the easy uploading of new subscribers and the ability to specify tags and notes. This is extremely helpful when it comes to us reaching out to find potential team members for an upcoming trip. If we just need a doctor or a dentist we can narrow the email to only go to those people based on the tag.
Read Ashley DeLorenzo's full review
October 15, 2019
Matt Rychener | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Constant Contact for over 5 years to create, manage and publish our organizational e-newsletter. It was a great tool for this purpose being both highly customizable and very easy to use. Overall, it was a fantastic resource for us for this purpose and I would highly recommend its use based on features and functionality.
  • Highly customizable templates.
  • Easy to use interface.
  • Easy to manage contact database.
  • Poor billing policies. If I prepay for a year of service rather than opt to pay by the month, then my contract should last for 12 months. Constant Contact would notoriously say that their rates had gone up midway through a contract year and I would have to renew months earlier than what I should have.
Feature and function-wise I have no complaints with Constant Contact. It is a great tool and did exactly what we needed it to do. It met every single one of our needs from a feature set perspective. My only complaint was in how the organization treated it's loyal customers who were prepaying for service and then raising rates on them mid-year.
Read Matt Rychener's full review
December 11, 2019
Constant Contact is mainly used in the marketing department. However, we use the software for other business units within the organization. It solves the problem of creating professional looking emails, scheduling and sending those emails, and being able to analyze and improve our overall email marketing plan by reviewing analytics and making adjustments.
  • Very easy to set up a branded template for other individuals to use and remain "on-brand."
  • Constant Contact does a great job of allowing email customization within the design portal - adjusting preheader text, changing custom colors, adding interactive gifs.
  • There could be a "recently used" area in the image library that pulls up recent images.
  • The folder structure could be improved - being able to sort/search through past sent emails could be easier.
Constant Contact is my preferred email marketing platform. I would recommend it over Mailchimp or iContact or a ListServe platform. It's well suited for businesses of all sizes because it allows professional looking emails to be sent out and that is appropriate for any type of business! It is less appropriate for businesses that do not yet have an email list to send emails to. However, it does have an area to build an email signup, so that is helpful in building an email list.
November 27, 2019
It's being used every day to manage a large load of customer mail communications, across countries and regions. Databases are managed natively in the tool and designs are adapted also within the tool. Analysis is collected and viewed natively.
  • Creating templates and adapting mail communications is straightforward and effective.
  • Constant Contact offers value-add features such as database management options, analysis review and suggestions for better performance.
  • Design elements, editing, uploading, etc. are easy to manage and not time consuming.
  • Would be great if we could integrate several accounts into one master account, for easy management by a supervisor.
  • Faster customer support is necessary. This is the only area that is lacking - the support team is extremely slow and almost negligent in responding to urgent issues.
Constant Contact is great for managing large quantities of email communications, updating mailing databases, collecting new subscribers to mailing lists, and very importantly, remaining GDPR-compliant in this practice.
Would not be so suited for small companies that will not need most of the value-add features that it offers - this tool does need a knowledgeable user to take advantage of all its offerings and justify the license cost.
November 25, 2019
We use it to follow up with customers who haven't yet completed our application process.
  • Contact management.
  • Campaign management.
  • I would like to see the ability to create templates via API.
Constant Contact does a good job of managing campaigns and contacts.
August 14, 2019
mitch mcgrane | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Constant Contact to stay in touch with our network of referral sources and our past and potential clients. From transaction announcements to industry newsletters and general firm updates, it has been a great tool for us to communicate with our network and see who's actually reading what we send out.
  • User-friendly - It's very easy to use both in drafting and sending the e-mails and accessing and understanding the back-end summary tools.
  • Good analytics - Seeing who has opened the e-mails and clicked what links are invaluable for helping target our follow up marketing.
  • Contact management - Weeding out invalid e-mail addresses as people leave firms has cleaned up our contact list considerably
  • Social media integration - Coordinating the scheduling of e-mails with posts to LinkedIn.
  • A little more flexibility in the campaign e-mail design would be helpful.
  • Not sure if it's possible, but I'd really like the ability to see if the e-mail gets forwarded and an address for who it is forwarded to instead of registering as another view by the original contact.
Constant Contact has been great for broadly reaching out to our network. For more targeted campaigns we still stick to one-on-one e-mails.
Read mitch mcgrane's full review
June 27, 2019
Sprout Lady Rita Galchus | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Constant Contact to send out our monthly newsletter that includes introductions to new items and our sales. We also point out FB posts that include recipes and studies about nutrition.
  • Templates include spots for images and words while including enough white space to fit it all in.
  • Professional templates make my clients think I am a graphic artist - but I'm not.
  • Marketing
  • I can't think of anything that needs improvement.
Constant Contact is well suited for the small business person that needs a powerful program to send emails and invitations to a list. We have over 12,000 emails now and Constant Contact keeps my customers up-to-date on new products, sales and events, as well helps bring attention to our original content on social media platforms.
Read Sprout Lady Rita Galchus's full review
June 19, 2019
Rachael Ossovicki | TrustRadius Reviewer
Constant Contact is great for small businesses to do email marketing. There are CRMs/Email software for certain industries. Constant Contact can cater to any industry and gives you the flexibility to create responsive, exciting emails. The analytics are pretty robust as well compared to other software I have used for email campaigns.
  • Great reporting within the system
  • Flexible design
  • Can sort out lists very specifically
  • Spam filters work great, and checking for broken addresses
  • Pricing is a tad high
  • The templates aren't truly that flexible
  • Some CRMs offer email campaigns that are industry specific
  • No built out content for industries
I loved using this product, and overall it checked the boxes for all of our email campaign needs. We also had a very high delivery rate with this product. I think this product is well suited for a small business or even for a freelancer. If you are a big enterprise, there is likely a CRM that has email campaigns built in.
Read Rachael Ossovicki's full review
May 24, 2019
Nathan Richardson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Constant Contact is one of several different email management tools that we have attempted to use in our company. One of the main advantages that we see in Constant Contact compared to other products that are out there is the fact that it is so cost effective. This is especially true when you consider all of the functionality and capabilities that it offers for such a small monthly cost.
  • Inexpensive.
  • Very capable for the price.
  • Easy to use.
  • Needs more features.
  • Almost too simple.
It is very well suited for smaller businesses that have fewer expectations and less need for an extremely powerful tool. It is also a great fit for people that aren't extremely tech-savvy since the tool is very easy to use and simple to explain to peers. The tool is very user-friendly.
Read Nathan Richardson's full review
May 21, 2019
John W | TrustRadius Reviewer
We send out weekly email specials to our customers that have subscribed to the mailing list. We offer insight into our industry like product availability and new products coming in stock. This provides the customer with a break on prices on components and equipment. Sometimes subscribers share their experiences via the email with write-ups.
  • Specially formatted emails.
  • Ease of use of the software/application.
  • Ease of updating the mailing list.
  • Integration with Facebook.
  • Integration with Google.
  • Integrations with Big Commerce.
They have a great foundation out of the box to speak. Their staff is very patient with novice users. It is the integration of social media that needs more support. We are a small company and we do not have the time nor resources to have outside help. We need to have down to earth straightforward information for us to make better use of Constant Contact within the various social media platforms.
Read John W's full review
August 21, 2019
Jeya Chelliah | TrustRadius Reviewer
We send out a weekly e-newsletter using Constant Contact. We send our e-newsletter to around 15k subscribers. It is only used for newsletter publications, not by other departments. By using Constant Contact we are able to send bulk emails at once and it is easy to use the tracking response to get email metrics.
  • Flawless delivery of emails
  • Easy to use email templates
  • Easy to mange subscribers list
  • Easy to upload your subscribers list from other email platforms
  • Reporting system sometimes confusing
  • There is no notification if and when any new subscribers signed up via our sign up form
  • Bounced email types are not clear
Well suited for email newsletters and generating more subscribers. Easy to manage the response to your email contents.
It is NOT suited for sending automated reminder emails for webinars or any other online events.
Read Jeya Chelliah's full review
October 03, 2019
We have several clients who use Constant Contact to tie into their websites. It allows us to collect information for newsletters, notifications, etc. When we are nearing the end of a development project we will install a Constant Contact plugin which allows our clients to easily choose which lists they want the information to go to. Constant Contact is a great alternative for more complex coding.
  • Constant Contact allows you to track the Analytics of the newsletters that you send out.
  • Constant Contact has a great plugin that works well with WordPress and other CRMs.
  • Constant Contact allows you to edit the style and formatting of your newsletter more than most other mass email sending services.
  • I have not seen the ability to upload HTML to a Constant Contact newsletter form.
  • I like that Constant Contact auto-saves my changes but I would also love to be able to see a save button to reassure myself.
Constant Contact is great if you have multiple sign-up lists on your website. If you have a newsletter but also an "ask me more" section on your website then Constant Contact can easily differentiate which list each should go to. I honestly feel like Constant Contact is a great option for smaller and larger websites.
May 06, 2019
Our communications team uses Constant Contact for all of our email marketing. We also use it to create our monthly newsletter. In the past, we have also occasionally used it for event registrations and surveying our member and donors. The software helps us create and plan more effective marketing campaigns, while also allowing us to properly gauge who is engaging and interacting with our email marketing.
  • We are a huge fan of the numerous templates that may be used for designing emails.
  • Constant Contact also allows for our organization's brand (logo, colors, and fonts) to be easily incorporated into designs.
  • The metrics and data gathered from email campaigns is very detailed and helpful.
  • For a small nonprofit, the price is a little steep for us, especially when compared to similar software programs.
  • Constant Contact is pretty strict on showing proof of how people signed up to be on your contact list.
  • It's a little challenging to place images that are not in a standard size or that do not easily fit into a pre-designed template.
If you are emailing your customers, donors, members, etc. on a consistent basis (or you would like to be emailing them on a consistent basis) then Constant Contact would be a good fit for your organization. It helps you create professional-looking emails and newsletters quickly and painlessly. It's also a very helpful tool to help you understand which email content is effective and the type of messaging that propels your customers, donors, members, etc. to act.
July 05, 2019
The Development and Marketing teams at my organization use Constant Contact primarily for our mass-email communications to our constituents, most notably for our monthly newsletter. It allows us to easily design and send professional emails to large lists of people. It is fantastic to organize your contact list by different parameters, so the right people are receiving the right emails. Constant Contact also offers other functions which are exciting to see, although we don't currently use them all. It's easy to share your emails on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. so you can use the communications across different channels.
  • Segmenting your contact list is easy.
  • You can see contact-specific results from your email campaigns: who opened the email, who didn't, and who clicked on a link in the email, etc.
  • Results of your campaign are automatically charted so you can track your success.
  • User-friendly.
  • The graphic design capabilities when building an email have room for improvement. "Drag and drop" an image block into your template is not always as easy as you'd like it to be.
  • Mobile-responsiveness is a great feature but could be improved. What looks great on a desktop does not look as great on mobile, and vice versa.
We don't use Constant Contact for one-on-one communications or for internal staff communications. We do use it for every other type of email communication, and it helps us with our marketing and staying in contact with our constituents. I would recommend it for any organization that has donors or customers that you want to keep in touch with digitally.
June 07, 2019
Constant Contact is being used by the Marketing department to send out emails to different customer segments. One of the main segments is our distributor partners (channel). Another main segment is our end users. And lastly, we also use OEM companies as a segment.

Since we are able to have different lists targeting different audiences, we can customize the message easily. We can use a template with most of the same information, but then copy the template and make a few edits so it works for other audiences. This saves us time.
  • Segmentation of lists.
  • Creation of content.
  • Reporting and analysis.
  • Re-sending email message to those who haven't opened yet.
  • Social media sharing.
  • Pricing for different numbers of emails. The break is at 5,001 and I wish that the breaks would be smaller so that our pricing doesn't jump drastically with the addition of only one or two email addresses.
  • The copy editor is a little stiff. It would be nice to see more flexibility and more fonts to choose from.
  • A discount for multiple accounts would be nice.
I have tried quite a few other email marketing service providers and have always come back to Constant Contact. It is intuitive and pretty easy to use. Many years ago our company was blacklisted for "spam" -- the reason is we acquired a company and their manager sent us their email list to merge with ours and told us it was an opt-in list WHEN IT WASN'T. And they hadn't been active in sending emails to this list, so they didn't know how many bounces or bad emails were in the batch. As a result, we were reported for spam. This was a horrible experience for me.

Constant Contact walked me through the whole thing to help me recover from this. This is one of the best reasons why I have a good feeling about them. They knew we had a history of them (many years by this point) and they understood that we acquired a company with a bad list. I appreciated the help.
August 13, 2019
We use Constant Contact for email campaigns for several different clients. It works well for that. The built-in design options are somewhat limited, but will get the job done. They also allow for HTML input which does give more flexibility. Overall I would recommend the product, especially for someone with little knowledge of email campaigns.
  • Simple to use.
  • Template system
  • Reporting of effectiveness
  • Limited templates.
  • Somewhat high cost.
  • Limited automation
Good for someone just starting out. The interface is pretty straight forward, and walks you through the processes. Best for small companies. It can get pricey for large numbers. It can also be used for other things besides just email, such as newsletters, registration forms, opt-in and out.
November 15, 2018
Jeff Bramhall | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a business, we promote and host clinics for sports and fitness professionals.
We use Constant Contact for two purposes to support that.

Constant Contact is the tool we use to send our pre- and post-clinic communication. It's the platform for having a one-to-many relationship with our customers - directions, reminders, notes, and follow-up.

We also use Constant Contact as a tool to continue engaging with people who have both made purchases and those who are interested in what we're doing but have not yet chosen to make a purchase. That's mostly in our monthly newsletter, but is becoming more important for segmented communication.
  • Ease of use. It's simple to use though that comes with some limitations in what we can do easily (like the photo interface - which I find cumbersome and will get to that later). Our SOP for sending clinic emails is really, really short - which means there's less that can go wrong.
  • Functionality. Frankly, it does exactly what we need it to do. We send the same email a lot - we have bout 4 emails that we send and we send them a lot. CC makes that really straightforward.
  • Ubiquity. Everyone pretty much knows how to use it - we could bring in another user really simply and without any real training.
  • User Interface. The interface feels dated - there are a lot of clicks to get from point A to point B, and those often feel like unnecessary extra steps in a world where I'm used to not hitting the 'save' button.
  • Inserting photos. The photo library really feels like it's out of 2004. It should be totally simple and transparent to drop a new photo into a newsletter rather than uploading it to a library, then editing it in that library, THEN importing it into a newsletter.
  • The myriad of in-app communication. It gets in the way of using it. I know that the holidays are coming - if I wanted to email people about them, I would. I don't need a pop-up reminder showing up at a random point in my use of the application. I get the same feeling about the upsells, but at least that I understand.
If you're a relatively low-tech user, CC is pretty straightforward.
If you don't have a high degree of know-how, CC will meet you well.
If you need help figuring out when to send things and need ideas, CC will offer those.

If you want a lot of control over everything, CC might not be the right answer.

If you grew up in a cloud-first world, you will hate Constant Contact.
Read Jeff Bramhall's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (49)
Dynamic content (48)
Ability to test dynamic content (49)
Landing pages (33)
A/B testing (29)
Mobile optimization (51)
Email deliverability reporting (64)
List management (55)
Triggered drip sequences (25)
Dashboards (53)
Standard reports (54)
Custom reports (34)
URL Validation (2)
10.0
Link Tracking (5)
Image Validation (5)
Inbox Display (5)
Email Accessibility Tools (2)
Spelling and Grammar Check (4)
Spam Testing (1)
Email Previews (6)
9.2

What is Constant Contact?

Constant Contact is a full-featured email marketing solution with capabilities such as social media integration, drag-and-drop editing, and real-time reporting. It is a bulk email tool designed for SMB customers. While it is most widely known for its email marketing capabilities, it also provides services pertaining to website management such as a website builder, ecommerce tools, and logo design assistance.

Key Email Marketing Features