Constant Contact is a fully featured email marketing solution with capabilities such as social media integration, drag-and-drop editing, and real-time reporting. It is a bulk email tool designed for SMB customershttps://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/7T/XT/TCP6X46QZF2L.pngAdequate!As a business, we promote and host clinics for sports and fitness professionals. We use Constant Contact for two purposes to support that. Constant Contact is the tool we use to send our pre- and post-clinic communication. It's the platform for having a one-to-many relationship with our customers - directions, reminders, notes, and follow-up. We also use Constant Contact as a tool to continue engaging with people who have both made purchases and those who are interested in what we're doing but have not yet chosen to make a purchase. That's mostly in our monthly newsletter, but is becoming more important for segmented communication.,Ease of use. It's simple to use though that comes with some limitations in what we can do easily (like the photo interface - which I find cumbersome and will get to that later). Our SOP for sending clinic emails is really, really short - which means there's less that can go wrong. Functionality. Frankly, it does exactly what we need it to do. We send the same email a lot - we have bout 4 emails that we send and we send them a lot. CC makes that really straightforward. Ubiquity. Everyone pretty much knows how to use it - we could bring in another user really simply and without any real training.,User Interface. The interface feels dated - there are a lot of clicks to get from point A to point B, and those often feel like unnecessary extra steps in a world where I'm used to not hitting the 'save' button. Inserting photos. The photo library really feels like it's out of 2004. It should be totally simple and transparent to drop a new photo into a newsletter rather than uploading it to a library, then editing it in that library, THEN importing it into a newsletter. The myriad of in-app communication. It gets in the way of using it. I know that the holidays are coming - if I wanted to email people about them, I would. I don't need a pop-up reminder showing up at a random point in my use of the application. I get the same feeling about the upsells, but at least that I understand.,8,Positive ROI comes from the simplicity of being able to communicate with anyone using a brand-consistent platform. We have been able to actively outreach to our customers and engage prospects using CC. I don't think CC deserves credit for the ability to do so but it's been a great tool for us to easily get started. Opportunities for greater ROI would be in allowing it to EASILY connect to Squarespace (our webhost and commerce platform) and Thinkific (our online learning platform). Even with Zapier, it's limited.,MailChimp,Less than 10,000,B2C,Zapier, SquarespaceConstant Contact is a great product for small businessesConstant Contact is being used as our primary marketing email sending and list storage service. We also use it to for event registration and ticket payment, which integrates with a third-party payment processor. Furthermore, we use Constant Contact's reporting tool to measure email open and click rates and perform AB test to improve those numbers.,Constant Contact's email-creation UI is easy and powerful. This makes creating new emails and newsletters fast for even non-technical users. The user has many options to customize the email with images, buttons, links, and more. Constant Contact is more than just a email sending service. Their other campaign types include event registration, surveys, and A/B tests. Each of these campaigns can add value to your company beyond just email. Constant Contact offers many email templates to choose from. Whether you are looking to send a bulk newsletter or a more personal note, there will be template for you to work off of and further customize.,Constant Contact's list management UI is not the best. Selecting a list on the Contacts home page does not link you directly to the list, so refreshing the page means you have to re-select the list, which is a couple clicks away. This becomes troublesome when updating contacts in a separate tab and hoping to refresh the list page to see the results. The UI of the Contact page is also not great. There is a confusion between lists and tags, and the data fields are not organized well. The reporting features, while useful, lack customizability. More than surface level data analysis needs done with an import into Excel.,8,Constant Contact has had a positive impact through A/B tests helping us improve our email open rates. Constant Contact has had a positive impact by providing an event registration feature on top of its email sending feature.,MailChimp,25,000 to 100,000,B2C,Salesforce Lightning, Slack, Microsoft Office 365The easiest email marketing software to use for startups and SMB with support.I use it to communicate with my clients on a weekly basis. I am able to send to different groups with a simple click on a button. Many groups have been created to ensure I am sending the right message to the right group. I can schedule at any time, even when I am sleeping :) There are monthly updates, and sometimes weekly, and Constant Contact allows me to communicate with everyone easily.,Setting up groups Creating templates branded with the company's website - AWESOME! Support is outstanding! Easy to use, drag and drop.,A live map of when and where people are opening the emails,10,Keeps everyone engaged I can send emails when new products are out, when I have events, or even when I need a survey filled out.,MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, SendGrid Marketing Email, iContact and Emma,Less than 10,000,Both,Microsoft Office 2016, Google Hangouts, Rank RangerGreat for small companies looking to marketWe used Constant Contact for our email marketing, prior to integrating everything over to HubSpot. Between event invites, announcements and just basic company newsletters, we used Constant Contact for all aspects of email communication - both inside and outside of our company. We found it simple to narrow down our senders lists, and it became extremely helpful when selecting smaller groups of recipients.,Customization of all emails. Simple list designations for recipients. Easy to learn and use. The clean layout made it easy to educate interns so that they could assist with email marketing.,As our company continued to grow, we found it difficult for Constant Contact to handle the size of our database. With about 25,000+ contacts across all companies, we experienced a very high rate of bounce backs. These issues began to flag us in the system. We also were finding it difficult to sync with our CRM system. With so many contacts in an ever changing industry, it became a lot of work to constantly have to manually edit the information in the system. Seeing as our portfolio of companies are so diverse, we wanted to be able to accurately (and cleanly) track all campaigns we were hosting. It made it a little difficult within Constant Contact.,7,Constant Contact helped us leave a footprint in the industry with our newsletters, announcements, etc. The ease of Constant Contact also saved valuable time in the day, which could be put to use in other places. Constant Contact is extremely price effective, and it allowed us to expand in other areas.,HubSpot,25,000 to 100,000,Both,ServiceNow, Slack, SamepageConstant Contact is a great starting point to email marketingI have used Constant Contact off and on for a number of years, both for our company and on behalf of our clients. It used to be the de facto option in email marketing, but in recent years I feel it has fallen behind compared to more sophisticated options in the marketplace.,Easy to import lists Templates are a great start for beginners List management is easy,If you know how to code, it lacks intuitiveness Templates are cookie cutter Lack of additional automation features (or at least, there used to be),6,Helped get many companies started in email marketing Has made newsletter signups easy Has allowed us to get clients started and then hand off duties to them easily,MailChimp and SharpSpring,100,000 to 250,000,Both,SharpSpring, Adobe Photoshop, Vonage Business Cloud
Constant Contact

Constant Contact Reviews

Constant Contact
Filter 393 vetted Constant Contact reviews and ratings
Jeff Bramhall profile photo
November 15, 2018

Constant Contact Review: "Adequate!"

We use Constant Contact for two purposes to support that.

• Ease of use. It's simple to use though that comes with some limitations in what we can do easily (like the photo interface - which I find cumbersome and will get to that later). Our SOP for sending clinic emails is really, really short - which means there's less that can go wrong.
  • Functionality. Frankly, it does exactly what we need it to do. We send the same email a lot - we have bout 4 emails that we send and we send them a lot. CC makes that really straightforward.
  • Ubiquity. Everyone pretty much knows how to use it - we could bring in another user really simply and without any real training.
  • User Interface. The interface feels dated - there are a lot of clicks to get from point A to point B, and those often feel like unnecessary extra steps in a world where I'm used to not hitting the 'save' button.
  • Inserting photos. The photo library really feels like it's out of 2004. It should be totally simple and transparent to drop a new photo into a newsletter rather than uploading it to a library, then editing it in that library, THEN importing it into a newsletter.
  • The myriad of in-app communication. It gets in the way of using it. I know that the holidays are coming - if I wanted to email people about them, I would. I don't need a pop-up reminder showing up at a random point in my use of the application. I get the same feeling about the upsells, but at least that I understand.
If you're a relatively low-tech user, CC is pretty straightforward.
If you don't have a high degree of know-how, CC will meet you well.
If you need help figuring out when to send things and need ideas, CC will offer those.

If you want a lot of control over everything, CC might not be the right answer.

If you grew up in a cloud-first world, you will hate Constant Contact.
Read Jeff Bramhall's full review
Jason Kelly profile photo
November 13, 2018

Review: "Constant Contact is a great product for small businesses"

• Constant Contact's email-creation UI is easy and powerful. This makes creating new emails and newsletters fast for even non-technical users. The user has many options to customize the email with images, buttons, links, and more.
  • Constant Contact is more than just a email sending service. Their other campaign types include event registration, surveys, and A/B tests. Each of these campaigns can add value to your company beyond just email.
  • Constant Contact offers many email templates to choose from. Whether you are looking to send a bulk newsletter or a more personal note, there will be template for you to work off of and further customize.
  • Constant Contact's list management UI is not the best. Selecting a list on the Contacts home page does not link you directly to the list, so refreshing the page means you have to re-select the list, which is a couple clicks away. This becomes troublesome when updating contacts in a separate tab and hoping to refresh the list page to see the results.
  • The UI of the Contact page is also not great. There is a confusion between lists and tags, and the data fields are not organized well.
  • The reporting features, while useful, lack customizability. More than surface level data analysis needs done with an import into Excel.
Constant Contact is well suited for a small or medium-sized business that needs to send regular marketing emails and collect leads without much headache. The email builder is nice and the extra features, such as event registration and reporting, are helpful, as well. Constant Contact is less appropriate for a larger business that wants to deeply analyze their email success rates.
Read Jason Kelly's full review
Sanjit Mandal profile photo
November 09, 2018

Constant Contact Review: "The easiest email marketing software to use for startups and SMB with support."

• Setting up groups
  • Creating templates branded with the company's website - AWESOME!
  • Support is outstanding!
  • Easy to use, drag and drop.
  • A live map of when and where people are opening the emails
A startup or SMB can benefit from Constant Contact, as it has all the features to get going and scale. It is important to keep customers new and prospective engaged with the brand, and also to drive sales from it. CC can help achieve this using their robust simple platform - this is why I recommend it to everyone.
Read Sanjit Mandal's full review
Ashley Gennett profile photo
August 29, 2018

Constant Contact Review: "Great for small companies looking to market"

• Customization of all emails.
  • Simple list designations for recipients.
  • Easy to learn and use. The clean layout made it easy to educate interns so that they could assist with email marketing.
  • As our company continued to grow, we found it difficult for Constant Contact to handle the size of our database. With about 25,000+ contacts across all companies, we experienced a very high rate of bounce backs. These issues began to flag us in the system.
  • We also were finding it difficult to sync with our CRM system. With so many contacts in an ever changing industry, it became a lot of work to constantly have to manually edit the information in the system.
  • Seeing as our portfolio of companies are so diverse, we wanted to be able to accurately (and cleanly) track all campaigns we were hosting. It made it a little difficult within Constant Contact.
I think Constant Contact is perfect for smaller organizations that don't have a lot of CRM Database Information that is always changing and updating. If you are looking for a software that is simple to use, teach and integrate, Constant Contact would be the perfect fit.
Read Ashley Gennett's full review
Corey Birkmann profile photo
November 06, 2018

Review: "Constant Contact is a great starting point to email marketing"

• Easy to import lists
  • Templates are a great start for beginners
  • List management is easy
  • If you know how to code, it lacks intuitiveness
  • Templates are cookie cutter
  • Lack of additional automation features (or at least, there used to be)
It works great as an entry level option for users wanting to dip their toes into email marketing. But if you want to dig deeper into automation, a/b testing, and more in depth options, it lacks some of the feature sets its peers possess. Not a bad option, but I feel like you can grow out of it instead of grow with it.
Read Corey Birkmann's full review
Alison Walkley profile photo
July 13, 2018

Review: "For a cost-effective email marketing program, choose Constant Contact"

We used Constant Contact for our email marketing campaigns for a variety of trade shows and events for the following industries: foodservice and restaurant; Halloween and party; Indian gaming; gift and souvenir; auto; consumer shows; and more. We also used it for our internal employee and company newsletters that were sent out monthly.
  • Great templates for use on multiple types of emails.
  • Ease of uploading email lists for sending.
  • Sorting emails into lists post-upload is a breeze as well.
  • Unless you are adept at HTML, customizing templates was a bit difficult.
  • There wasn't as much tracking ability on the back-end as we would have liked in order to properly map out email journeys for customer lists.
  • We had to up our budget in order to fit more contacts into the system, even though a lot of those we had were bouncing.
I would recommend Constant Contact as a fairly cost-effective email marketing solution to colleagues and small companies without the capacity to invest in a larger, more robust platform, like a Pardot, that does more than just emails (remarketing and tracking user journeys is a must at this point, but if email is solely what you're looking for, Constant Contact is a solid platform).
Read Alison Walkley's full review
Dan Gospe profile photo
June 05, 2018

Constant Contact Review: "A great way to keep in touch with your clients!"

We use constant contact to communicate with current clients or people who have signed up to our newsletter. Our newsletter contains stories about data security, new offerings that we have, and other information about our company. We send out newsletter once a quarter. We've gotten a lot of great feedback from our newsletters, and it's nice that we can track who has opened them, and who has clicked which links that are in the letters.
  • Drag and drop editor is simple to use
  • Tracking of who has opened the newsletter for reading
  • Tracking of which links are clicked on by individual readers
  • Comparison of performance to other companies in our market
  • Tips for improving open rate
  • Scheduled release of newsletters lets you plan ahead instead of scrambling at the last minute
  • Tons of templates, or make your own
  • Sometimes, the drag-and-drop editor will read your "backspace" as to go back a page, so you need to save often
  • Sometimes, the newsletters go to a recipients' spam
  • Watch the count of how many contacts you have, because they'll bill you if you go over by 1 person.
When you want to reach out to current clients, who have provided email addresses to you, Constant Contact is perfect. It's nice to have one single template that you use for all of your newsletters, and then you can just change the images and the text. It saves a lot of time. We have our staff jot down ideas throughout the quarter that we can use for our quarterly newsletter, and we can edit it on the fly and schedule it to be sent at the appropriate time.

Constant Contact wouldn't be appropriate for marketing to non-clients, since the recipients need to "opt in".
Read Dan Gospe's full review
Emily Hammell profile photo
June 05, 2018

Constant Contact Review: "My Best Friend for Email Automation"

We have used Constant Contact to design email templates and reach out to current and prospective clients across the organization. It helps us manage our contact lists and success of prospective emails. It also helps provide insight to our prospective client for open rates and promotion redemption. Overall a very helpful product.
  • Provides analytics on open rates - gives us feedback on how successful our subject lines are
  • Provides analytics on who has read/opened your email - this helps us when we're reaching out to possible clients to see if they had any questions
  • Template Design - Very easy-to-customize existing templates that you can customize for your organization's needs
  • Export Options- I wish there were additional export options to use across different email providers
  • Contact/List Management - this can be a nightmare if you're not organized and additional resources could be helpful.
  • Customization options - Although the templates are fairly easy to use, additional customization options would be nice.
We use this to prompt reviews and reach to new prospects. Constant Contact probably wouldn't be very beneficial for warm leads or anyone that you need to send a lot of details to. New prospects are really the most ideal group because we can easily design attractive emails and see different analytics that will help us improve our marketing strategy.
Read Emily Hammell's full review
Matthew Weintraub profile photo
July 27, 2018

Constant Contact Review: "Easy to use marketing tool for small business and non-profit organizations"

We used it for our weekly e-blast, stand-alone blasts, and targeted email communications. It was used organization-wide, including the preschool, religious school and synagogue.
  • Nice and easy to use templates
  • Target segmentation
  • Brand management
  • Would be nice to create a single email with each box coded to a specific target audience and recipient only receives the compiled boxes that are uniquely relevant and coded to them.
  • It is buggy at times and formatting can be tricky to fix without CSS or HTML
Great for small organizations and non-profits with limited staff and communications skills. Easy to use out of the box.
Read Matthew Weintraub's full review
Emily Sullivan profile photo
February 06, 2018

Constant Contact Review: "Easy to use tool but it is going down hill."

We use Constant Contact for newsletters for both the organization and programs. We also use it sometimes for event registration.
  • Very easy to use and edit.
  • Tracks clicking and opening rates
  • Integrate with eTap to provide further subscriber management.
  • Emails out of Constant Contact always end up in spam.
Constant Contact's user-friendly platform makes it very easy for anyone to use in the organization. It is a very quick and easy tool to pick up when you need to send out a newsletter with beautiful design. When you need to communicate something very important, it may not be the best tool since its email pretty much always ends up in the spam folder.
Read Emily Sullivan's full review
Nikkii Kashub profile photo
February 09, 2018

Constant Contact Review: "Professional tool for email blasts"

Constant Contact is used by our organization as a marketing platform as well as a partner for reselling services. Not only do we use Constant Contact, but we also recommend it to many non profits who are looking for an email marketing solution.
  • Mass marketing
  • Managing clicks, opens, bounces, opt outs, etc.
  • Professional templates that are easy to customize
  • Drip campaigns
Constant Contact is the best of the best! Easy to use and easy to integrate with many other software options in the marketplace, this is a great tool for someone looking to take advantage of email marketing campaigns.
Read Nikkii Kashub's full review
May 02, 2018

User Review: "Constant Contact Still Cool! :-)"

It is used by myself for personal use as well as business. I have been using Constant Contact for years now and love it. I have accumulated many contacts since 2008 from using it and is a good free resource other than LinkedIn for me to store and manage my contacts and e-mail campaigns. The site is easy to use and easy to import/export contacts and is up to date in keeping me informed of where my contacts are and contact information with links to their sites and social media feeds.
  • Easy to use.
  • Providing accurate contact information such as social profiles, LinkedIn, Twitter e-mail etc.
  • No or low cost compared to most such as LinkedIn etc.
  • Been around a long time. Good customer support
  • Could do a little more advertising to let people know or be aware of the site
  • Getting people to join like going from Myspace to Facebook
  • Brand Awareness and User Face a little outdated.
The instant messaging system not that good compared to LinkedIn where you can send In-Mails Directly to the person from site and Instant Messaging.
Ashley N. Baker profile photo
October 24, 2017

Constant Contact Review: "Great for analytics and email formatting, sometimes bad for importing large lists"

We us Constant Contact to manage our contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization.
  • Merging duplicate contacts
  • Updating your address book
  • Giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports
  • Allowing you to segment large email lists
  • When uploading additional contacts, CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. This can be problematic when uploading an older email list (i.e. you may just have a spreadsheet of the list and they want to see more evidence).
  • It is a little pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp.
  • It would be great to be able to export email campaigns as HTML.
Be extremely careful when importing contacts. Constant Contact wants to see how they actively subscribed. Sometimes it is hard to prove this when you have entered information for people you have an established relationship with, or if they verbally requested to be added. Constant Contact wants to actually see the (paper) sign-up sheet. This is unachievable for businesses/groups that have been around long enough to have established an email list based on personal relationships or when importing business cards.
Read Ashley N. Baker's full review
July 27, 2017

Constant Contact Review: "Useful tool, does the job well. Could be easier to work with."

We use it proactively to send announcements about our product and services. We need the formatting options, and more than that - the stat reports. We found it too complicated to be used by business people, so we are 2-3 more experienced people, who do the actual work, for ourselves and other users.
  • Organizing all the pieces into one email. It really walks you through the process of creating the email and makes sure nothing is forgotten.
  • It isnt intuitive anough, once the email is ready.
  • Contact management could be easier.
  • Statistics aren't that clear. We are missing "over time" presentation of the data. Also an option to download a CSV, PDF and PPT like in SurveyMonkey.
[It's well suited] When your addresses are relatively stable and list is manageable.
Randolph Ramirez profile photo
March 07, 2017

Review: "Constant Contact holds true to its name"

We are using constant contact to manage and deliver our email campaigns. We are also using it to provide surveys to our sales force. It is being used exclusively by the marketing department.
  • Schedules formatted email campaigns.
  • Organizes tagged contact lists.
  • Provides basic campaign analytics.
  • Could use more flexibility in building templates.
  • There is no place to house templates once created.
  • Scheduling and monitoring multiple campaigns at once is troublesome.
Well Suited:
Any email campaigns with no dynamic content. Email blasts, newsletters, announcements, etc.

Not Well Suited:
It is no good if there is a need for dynamic content or if there are multiple versions of the same email to be queued up simultaneously.
Read Randolph Ramirez's full review
Bekki Kaplan profile photo
February 16, 2017

Review: "Constant Contact Stable, Accessible Program for Your Organization"

We use Constant Contact for all of our e-communications to the Congregation - from bi-weekly e-newsletters, school updates, invites, and notices.
  • We utilize the templates, making our job much easier.
  • It's relatively easy to use and is intuitive.
  • Ability to upload mailing lists.
  • Storing old emails and accessing is a bit monotonous.
  • Storage of pictures/images is a bit clunky.
  • Limited ability to play with fonts and layout of templates.
Easy to use for small non profits/organizations who have limited resources to design e-communications. The templates are easy to access, and one does not need much background/experience to get started.
Read Bekki Kaplan's full review
Kathleen Palmer profile photo
July 19, 2016

Constant Contact Review: "Great Simple Email System!"

Our business uses Constant Contact as an email marketing software for our clients to send monthly newsletters to their clients. It solves the problem of keeping the customer in the loop about business updates and upgrades they can take.
  • Email Templates. Constant Contact has a multitude of free templates that you can use to create great email designs for your clients.
  • Uploading of Contacts. Constant Contact does a great job organizing contacts so that you can send emails to the exact people that you'd like to.
  • Excluding of Contracts from Lists. Constant Contact does an amazing job of keeping track of unsubscribes. Even when you upload a new list, they will immediately remove the contacts that may have unsubscribed previously.
  • Better Templates. Though CC offers a great deal of templates for customers, they are pretty old school and should be all responsive and it's hit or miss at the moment.
  • Responsive Designs. See above.
  • Better User Platform. As a CC user for the last couple years, I think CC is nearing time for a user platform update. Updating can be a pain and for those not familiar with the platform, it can be difficult.
  • Multiple Browsers. Operating CC in multiple browsers is almost impossible and duplicating an email over is really challenging.
CC is perfect for those looking for a simple platform to email customers. It is not as appropriate for people looking for a more extensive system.
Read Kathleen Palmer's full review
Jorden Beatty profile photo
September 01, 2015

User Review: "Constant Contact: Showing Its Age"

We use Constant Contact in our digital marketing department on behalf of our clients to create customized email blasts for the luxury real estate and hospitality categories. Constant Contact provides a solution for our clients to keep their customers up to date with new offers, news and specials on a regular basis through email campaigns.
  • Great list management tools. Constant Contact takes the stress out of managing and building your email lists through its streamlined and intuitive interface.
  • Customizable Templates are great. The ability to manually create your own template and have it work seamlessly thorough HTML or XHTML is a huge benefit for helping your campaigns stand out from the crowd.
  • Great Professional Services. From the coaching staff to the customer support specialists, everyone I've interacted with from Constant Contact knew the system inside and out, and didn't have to defer to other parties to help me through an issue.
  • Reporting and tracking campaign effectiveness is a breeze with the variety of tracking abilities Constant Contact offers. From open rates to bounces, clickthroughs and several other key data points, the toolkit is key to constantly making your campaigns more successful.
  • The campaign section's user interface is a bit dated and could use some refreshing to bring it up to the current trends in design and user experience.
  • Each day mobile email use grows bit by bit, so it would be great if Constant Contact updated their toolkit for better embracing responsive/adaptive email design in their templates.
  • The variety of templates available are plenty in number, but lack the some of the basic foundations and calls to action for getting more ROI from your emails.
  • The lack of Google Analytics integration on the app is a big drawback for marketing managers who depend on the API service for tracking their campaign effectiveness.
  • The higher pricing for some services, such as social media and surveys, is a drawback for users on a limited budget, especially when compared to Constant Contact's competitors.
  • The sheer amount of customizable tools available are great, but might be overwhelming for the average user.
It's well suited for digital marketing agencies to use for their clients that have suitable budgets. The pricing, however, is less suitable for a small business when compared to other resources like MailChimp that offer the same features and services for free. Key questions a user should ask themselves is how large their email lists are, and how often they need to send email campaigns. Those answers can greatly change the service provider recommendation.
Read Jorden Beatty's full review
Sherri Kesinger profile photo
July 20, 2015

Review: "Is Constant Contact the Right Email Marketing Tool for Your Business?"

In working with a variety of clients who are fairly new to email marketing, Constant Contact is a reliable platform that makes it easy to get started with email marketing.

Of particular benefit, is a scenario where maybe you have an older list you haven't emailed to in a while, or have never emailed. Constant Contact is one of the more tolerant platforms in regard to bounces and spam. Some providers will lock your account if the bounce rate is too high. This can happen easily if you haven't sent to your list in some time. It's proven to be a reliable source to clean up lists and get clients on their way to ongoing and successful email marketing.

Constant Contact is easy to use, walks you through the email design process and gives you customization options for color schemes to match existing company branding. There are also additional add ons for functions such as event marketing (and obtaining RSVPs).

• List clean up.
  • Getting started with email marketing.
  • Ease of design options / customizations.
  • Tags for segmentation of lists for better targeted marketing campaigns
  • Tags have improved ability to segment lists for target marketing, which is likely enough for smaller businesses. Larger businesses with a need for CRM integration my require a more robust platform.
Businesses should address their integration (CRM) needs. If they require an email platform to easily design and stay in touch with leads and clients (including list segmentation) on an ongoing basis, Constant Contact is a good tool. If they need more advanced integration with systems such as CRM, they will likely need to explore more robust platforms that can accommodate that level of need.
Read Sherri Kesinger's full review
Giselle Aguiar profile photo
July 07, 2015

Review: "Constant Contact fills my client's needs."

• The email templates are relatively easy to use. I'm computer savvy, so I can't speak for someone who's not. I can put a newsletter together in about an hour. The less time I spend putting it together, the better
  • There's a nice selection of templates. Gives users a variety of options depending on their needs, type of business and seasonal messages.
  • It's easy to incorporate social media and events from EventSpot into the email. They understand the importance of social media and how it works together with email marketing.
  • Last night I was trying to put together a newsletter for my client and I found the whole system rather slow. Considering that I was doing this in the evening on a holiday week, I couldn't understand why it was so slow.
  • I find that there's too many steps to upload pictures. They should take a lesson from WordPress
  • I couldn't find where I could add a divider within a block.
  • The selection of blocks is too limited.
  • It was difficult to customize a block. I needed to add a small banner graphic and it took me too long to get it so it looked good.
  • I tried to create a sign-up form and I found it very confusing. They should have an easy WordPress plug-in or at least a widget.
What are your needs and goals? How many contacts do you have? What is your budget? There are several free email marketing options that I recommend. One is FireDrum (up to 750 contacts free) and the other is a WordPress plug-in, Wysija (up to 2500 contacts). If they need the email marketing and event functions, I'd definitely recommend Constant Contact.
Read Giselle Aguiar's full review
Kristen Ford-Hernandez profile photo
October 02, 2015

"Constant Contact Review - It's worth it!"

We use Constant Contact to primarily send out monthly emails to our customer base. This helps us stay in constant touch with our customers, which we love.
  • Reporting is good. Overall ease of use of the email template editing is very good.
  • Customer support is very good and consistent.
  • Easy to navigate through their system.
  • Sometimes "glitches" happen when using the email tool. Small things, but can be a bit aggrevating.
I speak with a lot of fellow business owners and I always recommend Constant Contact for emailing, promos and reporting. It is a much more professional application than other "free" services.
Read Kristen Ford-Hernandez's full review
Peter Muiznieks profile photo
September 14, 2015

Constant Contact Review: "ConstantContact is a small-business friendly bulk email solution and MORE!"

I recommend Constant Contact to small business clients who need bulk email capabilities, but are not ready for a full CRM implementation.
  • Helps small businesses keep in touch with customers and prospects with an easy to use interface.
  • Integration of forms on client websites enable lead generation and fulfillment.
  • My customers are generally satisfied.
Constant Contact is ideal for small business customers who are beginning to formalize sales and marketing processes, but are not yet ready to leap to integrated CRMs.
Read Peter Muiznieks's full review
Angelo Gioia (6000+) profile photo
September 04, 2015

Review: "Bringing The Best Together - Using Constant Contact To Grow Your Business"

We use Constant Contact as our primary medium to reach our readers, viewers and subscribers to our newsletter. It has become a viable resource and tool that we have utilized to both grow and manage the organization. It gives us the opportunity on a consistent and constant basis to not only educate, but to provide our message.
  • Provide multiple mediums including mobile
  • Allows you to warehouse your contacts & content
  • Don't have any
Again none, during the past 8 years of using Constant Contact, I been approached by other providers wanting me to use their product but none of them came close in matching what Constant Contact provides. Our organization tag line is "Bringing The Best Together", that is bringing the best products, information and services to our readers. Constant Contact fits into that model.
Read Angelo Gioia (6000+)'s full review
Mike Garland profile photo
July 07, 2015

User Review: "Constant Contact - Solid performer"

Constant Contact is a robust email program that is easy to use and configure. We use it for multiple clients who need email for prospecting and for communication with current clients. It allows for integration with social media and use for events.
  • Latest email capabilities
  • Solid support is just a phone call or email away
  • Great training and support for partners
  • Constant Contact was becoming dated but has recently updated and is as current with social media and other tools as any other.
  • I believe Constant Contact is slightly more expensive than MailChimp but at this price point the cost is insignificant compared to the time I can save with.
Constant Contact is great for growing business who is not yet ready for a full marketing automation system like HubSpot.
Read Mike Garland's full review
Jennifer Reid profile photo
July 07, 2015

Review: "E-mail Management with Constant Contact... Easy, Breezy!"

Constant Contact is being used for our marine Dealer and Distributor Network. We send out notifications regarding monthly promotions, product updates, urgent announcements, alliance partner announcements and any other communications we feel necessary. Constant Contact is managed by myself in Marketing, however the announcements and e-blasts come from all across the organization. One of the business problems it addresses is simply communication. Prior to our Dealer and Distributor Network, we had no efficient way of communicating to the distributors that sell our parts and the dealers who purchase our parts. We now feel our message can be communicated in a very clear, easy and quick way. We also are excited about how it allows us to offer special promotions and highlight certain products in ways we wouldn't have normally been able to. Overall, communication is key in our business and because of Constant Contact, it's so much easier!
  • Constant contact makes developing a professional looking email relatively easy.
  • Constant Contact allows for easy to understand email metrics. It's always very easy for me to judge how my emails are based upon the comprehensive measurements that are offered.
  • Constant Contact does have some issues when it comes to flexibility and being able to be molded into a more exact solution for some people.
  • The training offered by Constant Contact is great, but I don't quite understand charging the fees they do for it, especially with loyal, regular paying customers.
Constant Contact is a fantastic email management solution for anyone, especially the company or individual NEW to the game. Things are well explained and you're walked through the building of an email campaign step by step. Metrics are well explained, as well, and give a great indication as to how successful a campaign is or isn't. I do believe Constant Contact has the capability of being a comprehensive solution for anyone.
Read Jennifer Reid's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (29)
Dynamic content (25)
Ability to test dynamic content (26)
Landing pages (18)
A/B testing (15)
Mobile optimization (26)
Email deliverability (29)
List management (30)
Triggered drip sequences (15)
Dashboards (29)