Overall Satisfaction with ExpressionEngine
We used ExpressionEngine to run our news website. We took advantage of the CMS tools that ExpressionEngine offered and used many add-ons and modules to accomplish what we wanted to do. The entire organization was based around the development of the website that was powered by ExpressionEngine. Without the CMS tools, we would not have been able to easily publish our content.
- ExpressionEngine offers a customizable publishing tool. Each channel can be customized for its specific needs.
- ExpressionEngine offers simple APIs that allows for many add-ons to be developed.
- ExpressionEngine's short codes make it easy to accomplish advanced coding tasks.
- PHP parsing was always an issue when creating templates.
- Upgrading ExpressionEngine was a difficult task. Many times I had to run the install more than once or recover from a backup.
- Disabling add-ons and modules sometimes resulted in major issues with the database.
- We were able to bring in a team of publishers and editors and more efficiently get our content online.
I chose ExpressionEngine because my client had already purchased a license. I typically build sites with WordPress. I find their toolset to be easier to develop for and the community boasts more users. The cost of the platform is obviously free without much difference in what ExpressionEngine offers from it.