My NXT experience!
December 12, 2017

My NXT experience!

Score 2 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Financial Edge NXT

We use it only in the business office. We had planned to use it to keep track of our accounting needs on a daily basis. Which would include reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, student billing, etc I can't answer the question of What business problems does it address.
  • It is a web-based program that can be accessed from any computer.
  • The accounts payable tab......Why is the vendor info not have the option to enter invoices. It makes it very difficult to make changes when I have to refer back to a vendor.
  • I have found that creating deposits are not as easy, too. I can't even find my "client" to enter my info, its all done individually like the AP tab. It makes it very hard to go back to refer to a specific deposit when it is not grouped by my clients.
  • I have decided, after many days of frustration, trying to figure out NXT, that as long as the Blackbaud hosting services are available, I will continue to use that, so I feel that our costs to upgrade was a poor choice, but that is my personal opinion due the fact that I use this system on a daily basis.
  • None that I can recall because I do not use it until the features are added or improved.
  • Operational efficiency
  • Improved data accuracy
  • Improved insight into your organization's performance
  • Automation of business processes
I'm sure it can be a great program, unfortunately, right now, it doesn't have half the features as the old interface.
Our school decided as a whole to upgrade, the Financial Edge NXT was just for our business office. What we were sold on, is not available in NXT right now. I still have to currently use Blackbaud hosting services for efficiency and accuracy without the back and forth headaches I have experienced with NXT.
It is web-based, but for me, that really doesn't matter since I only access this program when at work.

Financial Edge NXT Feature Ratings

Credit card processing
Cost of goods sold
Pay calculation
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
Reimbursement management