Web Security Review after 4 years. Forcepoint will get re-elected.
January 08, 2020

Web Security Review after 4 years. Forcepoint will get re-elected.

Overall Satisfaction with Forcepoint Web Security

This is used across our whole organization. It's primary purpose is to restrict access to sites that are deemed not secure, whether that be determined by us or automatically by the product itself.
  • Globally block a site for the whole organization.
  • Restrict social media access to specific groups across the organization.
  • The user access logs contain a lot of useless information. I understand this is very hard to tackle as I've seen this across any product that logs web activity.
  • I would like to see more customization options of website block pages.
  • Less time spent managing web access.
  • Managers spend less time complaining about employee productivity.
While we have recently implemented this on devices that aren't on the network, honestly I'm not a big fan, particularly from the Social Media side of things.
Yes. This is most useful when it comes to parked and newly registered domains. A specific example is that a user in our Marketing department linked to a facebook ad for purchasing something. FWS blocked it as a newly registered domain. After a few days the site was classified as malicious within the product. This could've caused some major problems.
DLP both via local client and email has been of HUGE value to us. We deal with a lot of client data that is private information. On countless occasions the DLP functionality has caught user mistakes when personal user data was almost accidentally sent out , most commonly via email.
The only other product I've used is bluecoat. To be fair, it was a very old version but nonetheless the FWS product was light years ahead in both features and reliability.
While we had some challenges implementing, once it was in place it's been largely a "set it and forget it" product. As an understaffed organization that is quite valuable. One challenge we constantly run into is issues with collaborative sites (Webex, Educational streams, etc). Unblocking those is a constant struggle.