HP UFT Works!!!
Overall Satisfaction with HP UFT
- Uses VB script, which is a very simple programming language to use and follow
- It integrates well with ALM, we used the BPT model for our automation
- UFT has GUI and API testing both in it, so you can use one tool for GUI and Web services testing
- UFT integrates with ALM, and the tests run efficiently on IE, but running on other browsers is not that effective.
- Mobile testing enhancement - it needs to support mobile testing. We had to use another tool for mobile testing
- Maintaining the licenses - very expensive and not very easy to get support from HP
- ROI - was created a robust nightly regression suite for one application, and later started to automate other applications in the company and adding it for the nightly regression. This saved a lot of time during our testing phase as we used Agile methodology.
U have used QTP by it self, and have used UFT for many years for doing GUI and API testing. Since both types of these tests are combined in one tool, it is easier to run them.
UFT is excellent for nightly regression of Web based applications. Our applications were Java applications, and we used UFT to run our automation scripts.
It is not a great tool for a quick performance test. Would like to see some basic features of Load Runner in UFT for a quick performance test