Overall Satisfaction with IBM InfoSphere Information Server
InfoSphere Information Server is used primarily as a corporate data integration platform. It allows to integrate data from several different commercial and industrial systems. It is a cross-departamental integration platform for extracting, transforming and loading data.
- Any source to any target support.
- ETL flexibility without coding.
- Extreme data volume processing.
- Native integration with other Data integration functionalities such as data profiling, data cleansing, metadata management.
- Lack of a strong web development environment.
- Metadata propagation in Jobs is somewhat complex.
- The possibility to develop jobs in Parallel and/or Server Engines is confusing.
- Productivity of the development of integration processes.
- Better documentation and governance.
- Reduce training costs of various technologies.
Information Server is extremely useful to replace manual developments that require a lot of coding effort. It significantly increases the productivity of the initial development and the future maintenance of the processes since it has a visual development environment with self-documentation.