Overall Satisfaction with Illuminate Data & Assessment (DnA)
It was intended to be used to evaluate teachers using standardized test data loaded into DnA to calculate SGP, however, we could not get it to work properly and found that creating customized reports was not user friendly. We thought this would be a great tool to give Administrators and eventually teachers access to a singular system of data and continuous feedback to dramatically improve student performance. It has the potential to run great reports and to build assessments.
- Uploading data is very easy and straight forward with the included templates for testing that is standard across the state like M-Step, NWEA Map and Such.
- Searching for students and seeing all of their tests in one screen was very easy and user friendly.
- Running pre-defined reports was also very easy and straight forward. Just a few clicks and the report was right in front of you quickly.
- Tech support seemed good but our main issue was never resolved. We received attention and someone was working on our issue, but they could never figure out why our student count was off for 1 grade level even though they said our data looked great.
- The customized reports were powerful, but there was so much to learn for the average administrative user, like a principal, to get the detailed data they need. You would have to have a dedicated person to create customized reports.
- At some point, our representative just stopped calling and there was no further contact. Then our rep left the company and the new rep only sent one email notifying us of the change. That was almost a year ago.
- We tried to get the product to work for our needs for over a year and could not get it to work and therefore it cost us $20,000 with no results and easily over 40+ hours of wasted time.
We initially selected this product to house all of our assessment data in one place to help our staff see and compare student assessment. This software seem to offer a lot of flexibility and customization that would really work for our district. We already had another product Illuminate Special Education that we had been using for over 6+ years and have good success with it. We ended up finding another product that will at least meet our basic needs of uploading standardized assessment data to evaluate teachers.
Our issue was never resolved so that we could use the software to produce accurate reports. Their tech department looked into the issue several times and could never figure out why our student was off and then they just closed the case. They confirmed we were performing the correct steps to load the data and they confirmed our data looked accurate. Great, but again why was our student count off?
Do you think Illuminate Data & Assessment (DnA) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Illuminate Data & Assessment (DnA)'s feature set?
Did Illuminate Data & Assessment (DnA) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Illuminate Data & Assessment (DnA) go as expected?
Would you buy Illuminate Data & Assessment (DnA) again?
In all fairness, we are a more complex district with both traditional and non-traditional virtual learning students. We require unconventional reports. Our biggest issue is that it was installed on a consortium server and our student data was mixed with other districts in the consortium. This software would work much much better if it were installed on a single server, single district with a traditional school district. If you use tests that they do not have templates for, it can be time consuming to strategize how you "might" want see your report BEFORE you setup your own template to import data.