Imperva Reviewhttps://www.trustradius.com/database-securityImperva Data Security (formerly SecureSphere for Data)Unspecified7.351012017-03-06T22:02:18.548Z
March 06, 2017
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Imperva SecureSphere
This is currently used as a database monitor to monitor activity in all of our critical databases. We monitor transactions, log activity, user activity, and all edits, adds, drops, inserts, etc.
- Alerts when suspicious activity is detected
- Records all database transactions for analysis
- Determines activities in stored procedures
- Alerts require a lot of tuning to get actionable intelligence
- Certain common encryption ciphers are incompatible with Imperva and have to be disabled at the server level
- Technical support is sometimes a little hard to work with
- Allowed us to meet important compliance requirements.
- When protecting critical data, we can see exactly how it's being used and by whom.
- Licensing costs are very reasonable.
- It takes a fair amount of administration to use properly.
Imperva is great to monitor when new users access a database and will monitor when there are unauthorized users or activity is occurring. Imperva is not well suited to interpret whether an activity is unauthorized or not. The administrator has to be familiar with what the organization determines as good or bad traffic.