Informatica Data Qualtiy
March 03, 2014
Informatica Data Qualtiy
Score 7 out of 10
- Address Validation, Phone & SSN validation...etc.
- Informatica Analyst
- Informatica Developer
Informatica Data Quality is being used to monitor the overall qualtiy of the data organization wise. We have created mapplets which filters / ensures the data quality has been met and shows how much percent of hte data has passsed Company Data Quality policies and how much percent data has failed also it provides detailed granular level view of the data which has not met data quality standarads.
- It can profile the data pretty well and provide you overall statistics of the data quality based on your defined rules... It can show you in the graphical representation as well by showing that if the data qualtiy has dropped then it could display the bar in RED
- It can be useful for validating the address and telephone numbers as well as SSN numbers for example if someone has mistyped SSN or not provided SSN or may be phone number format is wrong then It can help you to highlight as well as drilldown and figure it out for which particular record the data has not met the data quality standard.
- Its awkward to go back and forth from Informatica Developer to Informatica Analyst to view and run and edit the profiles or scorecards that we create. Also tags can be enabled and edited from analyst or developer only (something like that) Tags on the scorecard or profiles should be fully accessible from the Informatica Developer since because developer is the main point of development... I personally consider that Analyst is more like Client side tool on which we should not provide Tag editing features on any scorecards otherwise any user can go to scorecard and change the tags and that might create confusion for another user.
- Increased data quality across the organization
- Helped to maintain the cleanse data as well as helped to monitor the data qualtiy on all the source systems across the organization
We choose Informatica Data Qualtiy mainly because we had so many internal Informatica Powercenter Resources as well as it was easy to use and Analyst is user friendly tool for the clients / end users for quick glance at data
Nothing specific we would go ahead with renewaly or newer version
It is well suited for being an intermediate tool while creating MDM so it could fit in the scenarios like while pulling the data from OLTP and then pass it through the IDQ for data validation such as address and SSN validation and then finally load the clean / validated data to the MDM Hub database.