Data Quality Software
Best Data Quality Software include:
Data Quality Software TrustMap
TrustMaps are two-dimensional charts that compare products based on trScore and research frequency by prospective buyers. Products must have 10 or more ratings to appear on this TrustMap.
DemandTools for AppExchange is a data quality toolset for Salesforce.com CRM centric customers. The product comprises 11 individual modules to control, standardize, verify, deduplicate, import and manipulate Salesforce and/or Force.com data.
ZoomInfo's OperationsOS is a data-as-a-service (DaaS) platform that provides B2B commercial data delivered on the user's terms boasting strong match rates, match accuracy, fill rate, and fill accuracy that combined can boost the user's data reliability.
HubSpot Operations Hub (based on technology from the former PieSync that was acquired by HubSpot November 2019) is a two-way contacts integration platform. The vendor emphasizes quick and easy setup automated customer and client data matching and updating between apps.
The vendor states that Informatica Data Quality empowers companies to take a holistic approach to managing data quality across the entire organization, and that with Informatica Data Quality, users are able to ensure the success of data-driven digital transformation initiatives and…
SAP Business Objects Data Quality Management embeds data quality functionality into SAP applications.
SAP Data Services is an offering from SAP to improve data quality.
Clear Analytics is a business intelligence solution that enables non technical end users to perform analytics by leveraging existing knowledge of Excel coupled with a built in query builder. Some key features include: Dynamic Data Refresh, Data Share and In-Excel Collaboration.
Oracle Enterprise Data Quality is, as the name would suggest, a data quality offering from Oracle for enterprises.
Talend Data Quality is an open source data management tool handling parsing, standardization, matching and data profiling.
IBM InfoSphere QualityStage is a data quality offering from IBM.
The V12 Data Platform (formerly called the Launchpad Marketing Cloud) is comprised of a collection of online and offline marketing solutions that is designed to manage existing customer relationships and identify new prospective customers by granting users access to The V12 Group…
OvalEdge is a data catalog and data governance tool that virtually centralizes all of a company's data into a single repository or catalog. OvalEdge provides a progressive approach to data governance, helping companies to:Catalog: Make data asset discovery easy by automatically cataloging…
Trillium Quality, formerly Syncsort Trillium DQ, is a data quality solution that supports rapidly changing business needs, data sources and enterprise infrastructures including big data and cloud.
The Data Quality Suite from Melissa headquartered in San Margarita, helps organizations of all sizes verify and maintain data so they can effectively communicate with their customers via postal mail, email or phone.
IBM InfoSphere Information Analyzer provides a data quality solution featuring assessment, monitoring, and rule design and analysis, from IBM.
Ataccama is a data quality platform handling data parsing, standardization, cleansing and matching, and data profiling.
SAS DataFlux's capabilities handle data profiling, matching, cleansing and monitoring. Capabilities are available as individual products or as a platform. DataFlux competes with Informatica, Trilliium, Ataccama, and SAP Data Quality Management.
Experian phone verification software finds the number and checks if it’s active. The software also collects information like phone type and network provider. To make sure the phone number is receiving calls, the software sends a test message to the phone, which is not visible to…
Experian offers the Aperture Data Studio, a data quality management platform based on technology acquired by Experian with QAS, ltd.
The Collibra Platform is a cloud-based data governance platform from the company of the same name in Brussels, enabling users to gain visibility into their data, collaborate intelligently and enable users to easily access trustworthy data, automate processes, manage compliance and,…
The Experian Email Address Verification service helps marketing, customer service, and informational emails reach the right customer. It works by using an email validator to check email addresses. The validator determines whether the email is real and can receive mail.
PostGrid Address Verification API and platform allows companies to verify, validate, standardize, autocomplete and parse postal addresses globally across 245+ countries. The service cleans data along with a lot of other metadata into the user's system. It can be used on a website…
PowerMe, from Genpact company Enquero, creates discoverable pool of Analytics and BI assets enabling business users to search, discover, and collaborate with data. PowerMe is an Integrated Analytics Catalog with built-in Data Quality and Data Lineage that aims to provide high-quality…
Certica Solutions offers Certify, a web-based enterprise data quality application that continually validates databases for business rule integrity, data quality requirements and potential compliance issues. Centralized, automated and designed to validate hundreds of millions of records…
To run at the speed of business, accurate business data is crucial, especially the location data for your customers, your suppliers, and your people. SAP® Data Quality Management, microservices for location data, smoothly embeds address cleansing, validation, and other location-…
What is Data Quality Software?
Data quality software tools are used by businesses to improve the consistency, accuracy, and overall completion of their data by analyzing sets of information and identifying any inaccuracies or gaps. Common categories for these tools include data observability, data cleansing, data auditing, and data migration. They are used heavily by data analysts, data scientists, and various Operations personnel for sales and marketing departments.
Data quality software helps improve an organization's data reliability, which is essential to providing a solid basis for effective decision-making. By detecting anomalies across multiple data sources, these tools help businesses achieve higher data completion. For instance, these tools may automatically correct typos, flag bad data entries, and view dependencies in a data stack. With the emergence of big data strategies, data quality improvement has become an essential process. Investing in these types of software is becoming a more popular course of action across business types.
With data quality tools becoming more used within organizations, it’s important to understand the strategies they use. They include:
- Parsing and standardizing data: Data is broken up into multiple structured elements and then each element is standardized according to predefined rules.
- Matching and merging data: Data records that look similar are automatically flagged as possible matches, and if they are found to be matches the records are then merged.
- Case management: Some data records will be found to be incomplete or erroneous. This problematic data is automatically flagged and placed in a queue where it can be investigated and remediated later.
- Address Verification: Validating address formats and verifying that the address represents a real physical location.
Data Quality Software Features
Some of the most common features found within data quality software products include:
- Connectivity to multiple data sources
- Data profiling and auditing to help find anomalies, hidden relationships between data elements
- Seamless integration with Master Data Management (MDM) systems
- Parsing and standardization of data elements according to pre-defined rules
- Match and merge capability
- Data format and valid address checking
- Address validation
Data Quality Software Comparison
Consider these factors when comparing data quality software:
- Scalability: For some products, the number of users and concurrent processes you plan to have within the system could cause some products to slow down their performance. If you plan to have multiple users, be sure the data quality tool is able to function at its normal performance under increased stress.
- Ease of Use: The learning curve for some of the products may be steep for some developers if they aren’t already experienced using the kind of coding some of the tools contain. Many reviews highlight how easy to use or accessible a given data quality tool is to developers and business users.
Most data quality software vendors do not provide transparent pricing information. Pricing can depend on factors like the number of data sources used and how many features are included in the product. For customized pricing, be sure to contact the vendor directly. Businesses should expect to pay for a data quality tool via a monthly subscription.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some key benefits to note for businesses when using data quality software include:
- Availability of high-quality data for business intelligence projects and master data management.
- Reduced time to implement data governance or compliance audits.
- Consolidated views of customers and households enabling more effective cross and upselling.
- Provision of research data for fraud detection and planning.