Overall Satisfaction with IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS
Decades in the past, we implemented our performance analyses ourselves with RMF reports and our own consolidation programs. Some skills are retired and we looked for performance reporting tools. We attended performance courses at IntelliMagic and were very impressed by the skills of the speakers and the tool. In addition to intuitive operation, IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS offers standard reports that can be easily adapted to your own requirements. The rating of analyses with the expert knowledge of IntelliMagic are important. Also explanations about the source of the data and the calculations are available on each report. We started with a test installation of the DASD analyses and then decided to use them. Then we gradually expanded the functions (system, CF, XCF, MQ, TCP/IP and tape). This year Db2 was added and we have replaced and optimized SAS programs with IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS. IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS helps experts and beginners at DATEV better understand and improve performance and also configuration details.
- IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS is easy to use for beginners and experts.
- Search and drill down helps to find overview and deep dive.
- IntelliMagic has implemented expert knowledge into Vision and the rating of the report is really helpful.
- Predefined reports can be modified very easily and individually adapted reports (replacement of old SAS programs) are also possible without any problems
- Most enhancement requests to IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS were implemented really fast.
- Collections and dashboards (private and shared). "Change All" of Date/Time ranges or filters to collections and/or dashboards would help.
- We changed from daily data processing to hourly data processing (near realtime). More granular intervals are desirable.
- Ad-hoc analysis with drill down
- Planning with trend and comparison charts (with days, weeks, month, ... in the past)
- Automator (incoming data is processed automatically)
- Each (modern) web-browser can be used
- No software installation needed (for end user)
- One modern UI/GUI for all IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS components
- We have rewritten/modernized old programs (SAS) and integrated them into IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS.
- We can assess the effects of changes (based on IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS analytics)
RMF Spreadsheet Reporter, RMF XML Toolkit, RMF Performance Monitor, EasySMF for z/OS, Interactive z/OS, SMF Reports on your PC, Spectrum SMF Writer APT ... all these products have subsets of functionality. IIntelliMagic Vision for z/OS operates all parts in a uniform interface. This means that everyone can find a simple way to look into other components of IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS.
Do you think IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS's feature set?
Did IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS go as expected?
Would you buy IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS again?
- Hundreds of predefined reports that can be easily customized to meet business requirements.
- Intelligence with the rating of the numbers, statistics, and charts.
- Experts can do a deep dive; beginners can easily use and learn IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS.
- Old SAS Programs can implement and optimize IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS.
- Excellent support by IntelliMagic Team.
- IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS can be implemented local (managed by customer), local (managed by IntelliMagic), or as cloud service.
Using IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS
10 - Approx. 100 users are authorized to use IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS. Approx. 10 users are power users. The other users are on-demand users or they use IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS in special situations or for special interests.
2 - One person is doing the product upgrades (with one backup for vacation, etc). Windows, Application, configuration, MSSQL-user One person has designed and implemented the data collection and transfer JOBs (now automated at JOB scheduling). z/OS, JCL, ... Some more users are responsible for reporting sections like DASD, CPU, Tape, Db2, ... specific product knowhow
- Performance planning, management, and reporting
- Capacity planning and reporting
- Health check across all components (dashboard)
- Easy to use for beginners and experts
- Deep dive for experts
- Normal way: use existing reports and do some modifcations
- Create new reports from scratch to replace old SAS programs
- More correlations between different products (components of IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS)
- Use/license CICS
IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS Support
Really highly skilled IntelliMagic team:
- Head of IntelliMagic (Gilbert Houtekamer, Els Das and Jean-Marc van der Kolk)
- Account manager DACH/Europe local support team ...
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
I've no idea if IntelliMagic offers standard support and/or premium support. I'm really happy with our actual support.
Yes - Compared to other software houses, IntelliMagic reacts quickly and competently. In the event of errors, we have interim solutions and corrections were often made available within a few weeks.
In the event of a migration to a new version, a highly qualified support employee was available to us via video conference. Action plans were discussed and questions were professionally answered.