Marketo, hands down!
Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
I work for a Marketo certified partner agency and my team and I help our clients get the most out of their Marketo instances. Marketo bridges the gap in analytics from marketing to sales and allows its clients to determine marketing's influence on opportunities generated and won, as well as pipeline generated and won.
- Marketo makes personalized marketing much more simplistic with segmentations and dynamic content.
- Marketo's Revenue Cycle Explorer provides reports which give insight into channels and types of content that are successful.
- Marketo's Real-Time Personalization (RTP) tool enables marketers to tailor their website to each audience type dynamically.
- Marketing Calendar could use some improvements.
- More built in deduplication features to help combat duplicates created as a result of SFDC new leads created replicating existing Marketo leads.
- More native integrations - with more CRMs.
I've worked in Pardot and it appears that the general functionality and organization of the instance in Pardot just isn't there. For those reasons, we chose Marketo.
Marketo is most useful when the potential client is using Salesforce.com or a newer version of Dynamics. Custom integrations required to integrate Marketo with other CRMs are very difficult and often result in an inability to receive benefit from all of the Marketo functionality. If a potential client is married to a CRM that doesn't have a native integration, Marketo doesn't provide quite as many benefits.