Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
We're utilizing Marketo for lead nurturing, email delivery, landing page, real-time personalization, customer communication, retention efforts across our entire organization. We initially implemented Marketo as a replacement for our email blast program but our implementation was not completed for about 8 months as we had some restructuring across the organization. Once we were able to iron out those items we went full force to implement Marketo in phases - initially we used it for email blasts to our customers similarly to our previous system however, we knew the potential was greater. Once we participated in their 'Smooth Transition' program and had our staff up to speed we quickly implemented additional programs w/in Marketo. We moved forward with lead scoring and lead nurture by way of engagements that have helped us more easily move potential customers down the funnel to purchase. We've found it to be boundless when it comes to functionality w/in our organization!
- Automated Engagement! We can set up an engagement program that will nurture customers & leads down the purchase funnel efficiently.
- Lead scoring & alerts. We're able to easily assign scores to leads and send timely alerts to the sales team so they can target the right customer at the right time.
- Trigger campaigns. Once you have your site set up for tracking it's easy to follow your customers journey and present them with real time personalization to help funnel people to purchase.
- It's not as intuitive to find out some simple items like what percentage of your audience is opening email on a mobile device. You can set up special reports to find the information but in far simpler programs its much easier to see your audience split.
- Engage and grow customers over time
Our goal was to engage our customers and continue talking to them over longer periods of time instead of only when someone decided to send a new communication. We've been able to keep the conversation going with customers & leads and have seen a much higher response rate than from other simple programs.
If you're looking to send simple emails to your customers, e.g., batch and blast, then Marketo is not for you. Think about what you're trying to accomplish with your email and spend the time to develop a sound strategy before even considering purchasing Marketo. Marketo is highly suited for automation, I mean, it IS the solution for automation. If you're jumping in then be ready for the challenges of getting your organization buy-in...and Marketo can help you with your business case. Honestly, it's one of the best programs I've ever used!