Overall Satisfaction with Marketo Marketing Automation
Marketo is used by the lead gen team within the marketing department. It enables us to see the impact of multiple campaigns across the organization and to track revenue back to the campaigns that influenced buying decisions. We also use Marketo as our primary email provider. Marketo gives us a holistic view into all of the touchpoints we have with a prospect.
- Email sending - deliverability, design, embedding forms, etc.
- Tracking responses of leads - enabling us to look back and see what worked for us
- Integrating with our CRM - we use Salesforce
- SEO capabilities - Marketo just rolled out a new SEO tool, but it doesn't have as much functionality as I'd like.
- Email template design - you have to be a coder or have one on staff
- Reporting module - there's an upgrade that I don't have, but the basic one isn't as customizable or user friendly as I'd like.
- Increased efficiency - it takes much less time to set up an email campaign than it used to
- More insight into a lead's actions
- Real Magnet,Oracle Eloqua,Silverpop Engage,Gold Lasso,CreateSend,ExactTarget,Pardot,Salesforce.com
Better than all the rest. It's got more functionality by far than any of the other software vendors except for Eloqua. When compared to Eloqua, I think the interface is cleaner and easier to use - plus it does have additional functionality that Eloqua doesn't have available. There's a chart that shows all of the touchpoints along the way that have influenced a buying decision. That puts Marketo ahead of the rest of the pack.
I really like Marketo, and I have every intention of renewing.
Do you have a coder on staff? If not, you need one. I didn't know that going into the purchase decision. Also, customer support is almost more important than the platform you choose. I really like the Marketo support team, but I did also purchase an upgraded support package. When I made my decision, I'd read in a bunch of places that support was a weak point for Marketo. In my opinion, they've fixed that.