Marketo beats the competition
Updated November 11, 2015
Marketo beats the competition
Score 10 out of 10
- Marketo Lead Management
- Marketo Sales Insight
- Marketo Social Marketing
- Marketo Revenue Cycle Analytics
- Marketo Real-Time Analytics
Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
Marketo is used by our Marketing, Sales and Customer Services departments. We use it to capture data from our website forms, and lead generation partners, which triggers auto-responders, email nurture and telemarketing programs, alert emails, scoring and much more. It makes it much easier to intelligently engage with prospects and customers in ways that are customized to their needs and its advanced analytics allow us to gain insight into those needs.
- Marketo has an easy-to-use, intuitive interface that makes it easy for all departments to learn and use.
- Marketo has a robust, well-integrated set of functions that allow us to perform and/or track most online activities.
- Its Revenue Cycle Model and advanced analytics (RCE) provide excellent insight into lead progress, conversions and velocity through our funnel as well as program performance and contribution to opportunity creation and wins.
- Marketo needs better tracking of change history on the various assets.
- Marketo's ease of use can slow down a power user and they need shortcuts that can be restricted by user.
- Oracle Marketing Cloud - Oracle Cross Channel Marketing to Businesses (Eloqua),Pardot
We used Eloqua and switched to Marketo for its ease of use. We reviewed it against Pardot, but its Revenue Cycle Model, advanced analytics and Salesforce integration were superior.
Marketo Feature Ratings
12 - Demand Gen, Content Marketing, Event Marketing, Partner Marketing, Student Services
in: Marketing, Finance,
Business or related areas of study.
years of sales/marketing experience with at least 1 year working with marketing data
- Data driven individual with very
strong Excel skills
understanding of sales and marketing analytics (i.e. campaign
effectiveness, pipeline, conversion rates)
record of an organized and efficient problem solver with great attention
to maintain internal documentation such as process documents, technical
guidelines, best practices, etc.
to clearly communicate with co-workers across multiple departments
with Salesforce, Google
Analytics, Optimizely and Marketo is desirable
- Capture new leads and source attribution data via web forms and sync to SFDC
- Nurture leads with content (including) webinars primarily via email
- Analyze email and program performance metrics and their contribution to revenue
- Communicate with our students and graduates
- In addition to using Marketo programs for identifying the acquisition source, we capture up to 7 fields of detailed source attribution data on each visit of anonymous and known visitors to our website for analysis by Marketo's analytics tools and a separate BI tool.
- We use webhooks back into Marketo to perform data lookups, which allows us to append referring partner information on new lead records from the referring partner's record.
- We implemented multiple nurture email streams, which resulted in a dramatic decrease in unsubscribes
- We implemented Ad Bridge to automatically add leads to conversion events in AdWords, which allows us to better optimize for won opportunities, not just new leads.