MS Access Review
July 08, 2014
MS Access Review
Employee in OtherEducation Management Company, 11-50 employees
Score 10 out of 10
MS Access 2013
Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Access
I am the only one at my organization who uses MS Access. I export information from multiple platforms and import it into Access to generate reports and statistical data.
- I love the queries. I use SQL to create detailed queries but then I also use the query wizard when it's a quick query that I need to create. The queries allow me to combine and clean data from multiple sources to produce clean reports
- I have set up reports to provide me with data that I need on a regular basis. The reports are easy to create and the "Help" feature is so helpful with any questions you may need.
- Tables are very easy to import and you can import different types of data. I have also set up procedures where I can just click a button to have data import and then queries ran.
- In my experience of working with MS Access, I do not have any suggestions at this time. It works very well for me.
- MS Access increases my efficiency. I am able to generate reports & obtain information much faster using MS Access than my predecessor who used to use Excel.
None. I have been using Access for many years and know that it serves my needs.
I use Access almost every day. Access works effectively for my needs and my job would be much more tedious without it.
It is well suited for any situations of where you need to store data, produce queries to easily obtain data from multiple sources or from a large amount of data. It is also great for setting up procedures to be able to make one click for steps that are performed regularly. It's also great for setting up reports that can show data from a table or a query.
Using Microsoft Access
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Feel confident using
- Importing is very easy to use. It's very simple to import an Excel spreadsheet, even if it's in a workbook with multiple spreadsheets
- Queries are easy to set up. A person who isn't very familiar with Access can use the Query Wizard
- Access Help is great. There are many times that I've had to refer to the help section and each time I've found what I needed. It may have taken a little digging but you will find what you're looking for.