Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft BI
- ETL and Cube reporting through Excel are the two main functions where Microsoft BI excels.
- Without Sharepoint, web reporting is not very robust. SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) provides limited functionality but, without Sharepoint integration, Microsoft BI doesn't match up well against other products.
OBIEE, Cognos, and Business Objects. Microsoft BI provided ETL, basic reporting, and cubes for analytics at a reasonable price.
Overall the software meets our needs very well. Because we aren't Sharepoint users, we will be using another product called WebFOCUS to add additional web reporting.
Using Microsoft BI
- Financial month-end reporting.
- HR Resource and Manager reporting
- Ticket resolution and project management tracking. Data is pulled from 4 different systems and loaded into SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) for reporting.
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) - Used for data integration across multiple systems.