AX at a glance.
July 28, 2014
AX at a glance.
Score 7 out of 10
- Project accounting
- General ledger
- Human resources
Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Dynamics AX
I am in the middle of a full implementation of most modules offered by Microsoft Dynamics AX. The system infrastructure of the system seems to be very robust in comparisons with earlier versions. Auto-posting of batch jobs run smoother over a larger number of legal entities where previous versions struggled. Many aspects of the previous versions have been simplified to provide a more logical and intuitive approach.
- The CU7 release has some great additional functionality in Human resources allowing flexibility of transferring and terminating workers.
- Previous dimension hierarchy setup has been replaced by accounting structures that are far more intuitive to use.
- Workflow setup is still not an out-of-the-box function in HR. Approvals are a key part of the business process in HR and this is a large effort to modify.
- Separation of line level costs and revenue are still problematic. Configured lines do not have distribution capabilities.
- We still do not see a release with a place to house product warranty information. A real miss a one the customer asks for.
- The email template tool is limited to applicants and really should be leveraged for use across the system.
- Customization capabilities are a bonus as AX is very moldable. Milestone billing leveraged to include fixed assets help the rental industry in particular.
- Service based companies on the whole benefit hugely from the projects module and its ability to allocate resources that are wasted with less comprehensive systems.
Customization capabilities are far more beneficial than a rigid product like SAP.