May 31, 2016
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with MobileIron
We manage 25K devices via MobileIron. Prior to MobileIron we were a Blackberry customer. MobileIron is being used for two purposes in separate environments. The first environment is for our airline and operational devices. These are non email enabled and only are used for our pilots for single app purposes. Our second environment holds the majority of our end users such as sales, field support and work force. These devices include email PIM, internal web browsing and applications. This configuration keeps our end users separate from the airline which is critical to running our business.
- MobileIron provides a great security platform and it is easy to manage. We have tested many MDMs and we chose MobileIron because it was straight forward, easy and not confusing.
- Device management provides a user friendly GUI for our technicians to support our end users. Everything that is needed is right there.
- MobileIron keeps the admin console, email and web gateways separate so if there is an outage users will not be fully out of service. This is very important when you're supporting 20K+ users.
- MobileIron in my view needs to manage their releases and updates better. There seems to be a disconnect on release dates, they appear random.
- We would like to see more Windows support.
- We would like MobileIron to include some services offered in Platinum licenses, offered in the lower end Gold.
- MobileIron has helped us reduce cost by eliminating the need for a 40LB flight bag by using iPads. We have reduced fuel cost due to the weight decrease.
MobileIron at the time offered an email gateway. This was a big deciding factor at the time. We did not want to purchase a Microsoft Forefront server to act as a proxy.