Netwrix Saves Time
December 01, 2017
Netwrix Saves Time
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Netwrix Auditor
Netwrix Auditor is being used across our whole company. Netwrix allows us to audit file use and access, changes to Active Directory, failed logins on SQL, AD, file servers, and email. It gives us visibility and accountability to what is going on in our infrastructure. It helps solve security and accountability problems.
- It alerts us to account lockouts and helped discover a firewall issue on one of our servers. The alerts and single interface have been very helpful.
- I get a report on expired passwords and accounts which help me keep my directory tidy.
- We can get access reports on files and folders which let us know when users are trying to access items they are not authorized to.
- They have a screen capture function that I have never been able to get to work properly. However, I have never called their support on this issue so it is not necessarily a big ding against them. I am only mildly interested in this feature. We have enough network monitoring so I already know what my users are doing I don't need a capture.
- It has saved a ton of time with password reset times.
- It has prevented data breaches.
- It is low overhead.
- Solar Winds
I can only compare it to SolarWinds. Their similar products have larger foot prints and seem a little clumsy in comparison. The Netwrix product turns on a lot of the auditing options that were required for the product to work properly where it seemed I had to do a lot of manual tweeking with the SolarWinds product.
It would not be appropriate for a very small organization that has less than 25 Users. It is great for keeping an eye on larger environments, you can get fairly granular with the reporting and know exactly who changed files, AD accounts, mailboxes, and policies. It is great for visibility into your data and accountability. It is also a useful security tool.