Reviews (1-9 of 9)
- Netwrix Auditor performs the audit collection process in a method that does not burden the systems it is auditing. It usually just pulls the log and event logs data from the machine it is auditing and then performs the extraction of the information in these files on the Netwrix Auditor server. This reducing the audit processes to only pulling log data from the server but does not keep the server busy processing the data.
- Once the log data has been pulled from a server being audited, Netwrix will store the log data in a compressed form in its Long Term Archive. This allows the database to be kept smaller than the all the data being kept in the Log Term Archive and therefore makes creating reports much faster since the database is not as big as it could be.
- Since Netwrix Auditor uses standard Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to perform reporting, working with the results of the audit is much easier. Anyone who knows SQL Server and SSRS can work with the data and create their own reports.
- The predefined reports that come with Netwrix Auditor cover most of the items required to properly report on the status of a system. They have many predefined reports for FedRamp, PCI, HIPPA, and other compliance regulations.
- Netwrix Auditor sends out warnings to users when their passwords are close to expiring. This saves us some headache, because if they have any problems with changing their password, we can help them before they get locked out.
- The notifications for multiple failed logons is a lifesaver. Very useful for spotting suspicious activity!
- I love the way that you can create your own custom notifications and reports through the "Search" function. You can pick the "What", "Where", and "When" for the event you want to monitor and set up email email reports for them.
- The reporting features within Netwrix Auditor are by far the best feature, with a wide range of "pre-built" reports. The ability to create/generate your own reports makes it quite easy to look into the various items being monitored in the environment.
- The set-up & ease of use of Netwrix is hard to match, not to mention the upgrades. To date, we've only had to contact support for one issue and it was an easy fix once we found the detailed information in their Knowledge Base.
- Automation features within Netwrix help our daily tasks by ensuring we are not having to constantly monitor Netwrix, this is a huge time saver!
- Notifications on changes to sensitive accounts.
- Detailed record of Group Policy changes.
- Ease of setup
- Accurate reporting
- Set and forget automated reporting
- Auditing account changes
- Anomaly tracking
- Easy setup
- It alerts us to account lockouts and helped discover a firewall issue on one of our servers. The alerts and single interface have been very helpful.
- I get a report on expired passwords and accounts which help me keep my directory tidy.
- We can get access reports on files and folders which let us know when users are trying to access items they are not authorized to.
- The UI is very strong
- Plenty of reports to generate
- You can audit many applications including Active Directory, file server, SQL and Exchange/O365
- Automated alerts for changes to security within AD. It is able to sends alerts for just about any change within AD.
- Tracing who changed what within AD. This can be found with AD, but Netwrix auditor makes it a lot more simple to find.
- Enabling less technical people to have access to the auditing and security information that they need to manage the AD security model effectively. This product frees our technical teams from numerous minor requests for audit logs, tracking, investigations etc.
Netwrix Auditor Scorecard Summary
About Netwrix Auditor
Netwrix Auditor is designed to enable auditing of the broadest variety of IT systems, including Active Directory, Exchange, file servers, SharePoint, SQL Server, VMware and Windows Server. It also supports monitoring of privileged user activity in all other systems.
According to the vendor, Netwrix Auditor eliminates these blind spots by delivering complete visibility into all changes to system configurations, content and permissions across the IT infrastructure. Moreover, Netwrix Auditor alerts organizations to changes that violate corporate security policies, enabling users to proactively detect suspicious user activity and prevent breaches.
Netwrix Auditor Screenshots
Netwrix Auditor Competitors
Netwrix Auditor Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Netwrix Auditor Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||USA, UK, Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, India, Belguim, Russia|
|Supported Languages:||English, German, French, Russian, Italian|