Deployments made easy (and stress-free)
September 15, 2022

Deployments made easy (and stress-free)

Overall Satisfaction with Octopus Deploy

We use the simplest Octopus use-case. We have multiple projects (websites, windows services, web apis) that we deploy to test and live servers using the octopus calamari client listener.

Everything just works as expected, and it makes deployments vanishingly simple. Also, the ease with which I can make a deployment, or re-deploy an old check-in means that rolling back is easy, which in turn makes all deployments much less stressful!

I cannot speak for the more advanced aspects of Octopus, but I cannot imaging working with a client on windows software and making live or test deployments without octopus. I would recommend it to any new client I meet.
  • Dashboard visibility makes it v easy to see the state of our test and live servers and projects.
  • Single key-press deployments mean that non-technical staff are able to promote from test to live after testing is succesful.
  • Integration with Azure makes our pipelines fully automated from code check-in to live deployment
  • Arranging the dashboard could be better - filtering to HIDE selected projects would be nice (currently we can filter to SHOW, but I want to show by default,, and hide the ones I don't want)
  • Deployments take 1 minute instead of 60
  • Things are never forgotten or missed with a deployment
Whenever I have had to ask a question of support, I have always received a prompt response.

Do you think Octopus Deploy delivers good value for the price?

Not sure

Are you happy with Octopus Deploy's feature set?

Did Octopus Deploy live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Octopus Deploy go as expected?

Would you buy Octopus Deploy again?

Some functionality feels slightly hidden in the menu system.
For example: script modules are in the same menu as packages, where I feel that are not related entities. One is code for the deployment, the other is the thing that you are deploying...
Once set up it enables non-technical users to fully deploy a complex site, meaning the test/integration team can control any deployments to live without having to go back to the development team.