A pretty decent PLM
Updated October 06, 2021
A pretty decent PLM
Score 2 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Agile PLM
Agile is used by the whole organization as the company's electronic document management system and training system. The program handles BOM information, changes to parts and documents through Change Orders, and hold records of Quality and Non-Quality system documents. Training records and entries for all personnel are kept within the system. Users can access Agile to view documents to train to or reference, view device master records and device history files, and look up what training they have done.
- User access is easy to change for all users, there is no hassle when someone switches departments or leaves/joins the company.
- Custom searches make it easy to find documents or records, global for the whole company and custom personal searches are available.
- Objects are easy to connect through relationships tab and BOM, makes it easier to see what is affected when a change is made.
- This program was not meant to be used for training, too many errors and not all actions are kept in the audit history trail.
- Some search criteria does not work, random results generated.
- Program checks out when overloaded, errors occur more frequent than we want.
- It is quite expensive to maintain the program and ask for technical support from an outside vendor.
- It was better than the older system to handle records, just not training.
- It would be more cost and time effective to improve the system rather than move onto a new one.
I've used Arena PLM in a previous establishment and absolutely loved it! The system was easy to use, navigate, configure, and it worked well to record training. I was at a startup so I'm not sure how this system would do in a medium or larger sized corporation, but it was definitely the superior PLM for our needs as a medical device company.
Do you think Oracle Agile PLM delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Oracle Agile PLM's feature set?
Did Oracle Agile PLM live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Oracle Agile PLM go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Oracle Agile PLM again?
Oracle Agile PLM would be great for just storing documents and possibly change orders or change requests. It also gets a little confusing and finicky updating the device master record and design history file. This program was not made to handle or assign training for documents to personnel within or outside the Quality System. It would be best to use a different training system connected to Agile for document storage.