Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse
We use Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse for one specific application that store[s] alarm[s] and incidents as an historical database. It address business problem[s] with regard to preventive maintenance that analysts can query more than a billion rows very fast, to identify certain patterns. This historical database was migrated from an older Oracle database into the Autonomous Data Warehouse and now we don't need to think about upgrading the database and having machine/database available. Now the database is always available and if it is not need[ed] for some time, we just stop it, and when there is need to query the data I start it up again.
- Very easy and fast to load data into the Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse
- Exceptionally fast retrieval of data joining 100 million row table with a billion row table plus the size of the database was reduced by a factor of 10 due to how Oracle store[s] and organise[s] data and indexes.
- Flexibility with scaling up and down CPU on the fly when needed, and just stop it when not needed so you don't get charged when it is not running.
- It is always patched and always available and you can add storage dynamically as you need it.
- Not sure what these can be
- Just positive as we wanted to decommission an old application/database and now we have all the historical data - always available and it hardly cost us anything to store it on the Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse.