Deep (not really) Thoughts of a 6 year CPQ Cloud Adminhttps://www.trustradius.com/cpqOracle CPQ Cloud (BigMachines)Unspecified7.81111012017-11-07T15:38:17.525Z
November 07, 2017
Deep (not really) Thoughts of a 6 year CPQ Cloud Admin
Score 9 out of 101
- Sales Engine
- Channel Sales Engine
- B2B eCommerce Engine
- Document Engine
- Admin Platform
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle CPQ Cloud (BigMachines)
Oracle CPQ Cloud is our defacto system for generating customer quotes. Currently, our new equipment sales, aftermarket sales, and customer service groups are the primary users of CPQ, with the output from the system feeding Engineering and Order Entry. CPQ addresses a number of past issues, including reduced time from inquiry to quote, full visibility of the sales pipeline, reduction of errors, unified quote style and layout, and consistent pricing.
- Incredibly powerful configuration rules engine
- Offers flexibility to achieve almost any business need
- Very well supported - Oracle is clearly investing in development of CPQ Cloud as updates to the system are regular and significant
- Document generation systems need some work - Old Document Engine is very powerful, but not user friendly. Newer Document Designer is very user friendly, but lacks a number of features available in Document Engine.
- CPQ Cloud has gone through some growing pains as part of BigMachines being acquired by Oracle. Many people on the sales side of Oracle still aren't very aware of CPQ, and don't understand how it fits in the big picture.
- CPQ Cloud is in serious need of a UI update, but that is in the works for upcoming releases.
CPQ Cloud allows us full visibility of our entire sales stream. We utilize independent representatives for a fair amount of our sales, so before implementing CPQ, our company would often not be made aware of sales opportunities. As we expand our CPQ footprint to the global business, we are gaining more and more visibility of the entire sales picture.
For smaller opportunities where a quote that used to take 2-3 days to complete, we can now get those quotes in the hands of the customer the next day or sometimes even the same day. For larger opportunities, the time spent working on the quote has been reduced by almost 70 percent. Errors have also been reduced by approximately 80 percent.
I believe Oracle CPQ Cloud would be a useful tool for any company that quotes and sells a product or service. The flexibility and power of the system are such that it can handle any magnitude of users, quote size, or business rule complexity. Unless the business is very straightforward and quote generation and business rules are very simple, CPQ Cloud would likely be a good fit.