Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Enterprise Manager
I use Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g to manage and maintain all environments used by our teams. Since it's an enterprise tool, it's used across the entire organization. OEM lets us manage users, monitor availability of environments, and deploy RPDs among many other tasks.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager lets you control access to an environment for various users across your organization. You can define users, groups, and their credentials. You can define application roles and application policies. This is an excellent functionality which is robust in nature.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager improves the deployment process on multiple folds using single clicks. You select an RPD, deploy the same and restart your services within a few simple clicks. No need to reach the back end and fall into a tedious loop.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager notifies the user of any component being down in a graphical manner and points to an exact component being down. This helps in the debugging process.
- Simple functionality like one to many mapping of users to groups could be done which would be a useful feature to a DBA/Admin while adding new users.
- Recovery of logs needs to be more user-friendly. Whenever we face a system downtime issue, exact logs are a little difficult to find. It can get really tedious to point out the problem when looking at generic logs.
- No cross application navigation is present to other OBIEE products. There needs to be a functionality which can navigate a user from Oracle Enterprise Manager to Oracle BI Analytics.
- In the RPD Deployment process, there should be a functionality to deploy previously deployed RPDs. In this way, the administrator can keep a track of all previously used RPDs and it's deployments.
- With Oracle Enterprise Manager we have been able to manage our environments seamlessly with the least problems. It has been robust, graphical and easy to use.
- We have been able to manage the security of users in a great way using OEM. Every user can be assigned to a group which is a useful feature.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager provides support to BI Publisher which is a great tool to create customized reports.
Oracle Enterprise Manager is easy to install, use and extend the capability of. It supports many Oracle products, which is what it is used for in my company. We selected OEM for its ease of use, intuitiveness and robustness.
It is click based, intuitive and procedural. If well documented, OEM lets you do the desired task in an easy manner. On the other hand, Oracle Enterprise Manager can only be easier managing Oracle products. It may not work that well with other products from other vendors.