Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management
Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management is being used for all of our summarized financial reporting. We are taking revenue data from SAP and AUM data from various other systems and combining all that information for reporting. Our end users use the ASO and BSO cubes to then do all their management level reporting.
- Works well with all of our Excel add-in tools
- Nightly calculations run fast so that the environment is ready for reporting in the morning
- Great support for all of our needs
- Cumbersome development cycles
- Doesn't play nice with our ETL tools
- Extremely costly consultant support
- After initial spending on setup we have had relatively few issues with maintenance
- Catalog of reports have grown, but consistency remains
- Licensing for future Oracle products have been favorably priced
In our review, Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management stacks up pretty well against SAP Business Warehouse. The most glaring area was cost. For a product capable of the same level of reporting day in and day out, Hyperion offered the best bang for the buck. This ended up making our decision very easy.
Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management is well suited for financial summary reporting. The tool does its job calculating the numbers and handling things like varying attributes. Where the tool does not so well is with super large data sets. Crunching statistics and things of that nature are not necessarily its strong suit