Love at first installhttps://www.trustradius.com/server-virtualizationOracle VM VirtualBoxUnspecified8.81001012018-07-09T20:41:45.731Z
Updated November 22, 2019
Love at first install
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle VM VirtualBox
Virtual box helped me in the evaluation of guest operating systems such as Kali Linux and Backbox Linux before I chose to stay with Kali Linux. I had to choose these between this software for penetration testing of a certain product that we were rolling out into the market.
- I did not have to install the operating systems to evaluate them
- I could run two or more instances of these operating systems concurrently
- Oracle made it simple to start and stop the virtual machines and also save the state so as to continue where I left off
- Oracle should find a way to put sound on these operating systems without having to download guest OS add-ons
- When putting a flash, Oracle should pick that the flash has been inserted to the new OS and not have to go back and add it to the filters
- We did not have to buy very expensive equipment to set up a separate penetration testing area for our mobile applications.
Do you think Oracle VM VirtualBox delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Oracle VM VirtualBox's feature set?
Did Oracle VM VirtualBox live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Oracle VM VirtualBox go as expected?
Would you buy Oracle VM VirtualBox again?
Oracle Virtual Box is very well suited when one wants to use an operating system that they have but cannot install it on their computer, either for security or because they do not have space. One can create a virtual hard disk and continue to use it without problems as any other hard disk.
Oracle VM VirtualBox Feature Ratings
Using Oracle VM VirtualBox
51 - The business functions that are represented are in two departments, the development team uses oracle virtual box to get across more environments, and also the testing department also uses the same software for their testing on different environments. Virtual box is also a great addition to the marketing department to showcase the products
2 - Virtual box requires some one with great problem handling skills. Ever so often a computer may not be able to start a virtual machine, or mayy require additional configurations to run a certain environment.
- When cloning a system to another
- When testing different operating systems
- When one wants to use old outdated software
Evaluating Oracle VM VirtualBox and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Vendor Reputation
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
The cost was the most important factor that was considered, against the available features. We wanted to have a solution that was viable and that could deliver all the key features that we wanted in our organization. Oracle Virtual Box stood out exceptionally and thus it was chosen by the procuring department
Oracle VM VirtualBox Implementation
We really enjoy using virtual box. We do not require to buy expensive hardware but instead we can minimize costs and maximize profits.
Oracle VM VirtualBox Support
Oracle have a very fast response rate and a strong user community. One can geet help from many sources if they choose to research for themselves.
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Not kept informed
There was a time when starting Mac OS Sierra, the sound was not working and we could not have a flash disc on the virtual machine. I contacted oracle and they explained what i needed to be done in order to get them working on the virtual machine. They were also very fast and their explanation was not ambiguous
Using Oracle VM VirtualBox
It is very simple to use virtual box and it is simple to download. When using it, you may not even realize that you do not have the operating system that you had to source from virtual box
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Starting a virtual machine
- Loading a virtual machine operating system
- Assigning resources such as RAM