Overall Satisfaction with Otter.ai
Our communications team is the only group using Otter.ai. We use it to transcribe interviews for content development. We often have interviews with employees and clients that range from a few minutes to an hour or longer, and it's too time-intensive to manually transcribe them. Otter.ai simplifies the process for us and provides very clean transcription.
- Clean transcription
- Quick process
- Saving projects to revisit later
- We don't have the option of creating SRT files for subtitling videos
- We are on the free plan so we are limited to only three uploads
- Quick transcription
- Quality of transcription
- Sharing transcriptions across our team
- It has allowed us to transcribe videos more quickly, providing a time savings.
- We can transcribe a number of media pieces that we can then use the transcribed content across platforms as needed
We didn't seriously evaluate any other tools; we found Otter.ai and it immediately fit our needs and situation.
Do you think Otter.ai delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Otter.ai's feature set?
Did Otter.ai live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Otter.ai go as expected?
Would you buy Otter.ai again?
It is very well suited to transcribing videos; it seems best for live transcription rather than transcription of imported media. If we need to create closed captioning or subtitling for videos, we aren't able to use Otter.ai for that process; we have to use a different tool to create those files.