Overall Satisfaction with Paychex Accounting Online
I proposed my former employer switch to Paychex Online for all payroll needs. Once the contract was signed, I was the main user to input employee wages and salaries as well as deductions. The implementation of Paychex reduced the number of payroll processing errors. Such errors, including incorrect deduction calculations, etc., were frequent with our former payroll processor. Only the accounting department actually used the Paychex website, but all employees received paychecks and were happier when their earnings, etc., were correct.
- Continued verification through set up and implementation. The representative was very thorough to ensure the first (and all subsequent) paycheck runs were accurate.
- Multiple levels of verification and explanation regarding state deductions, especially for employees working in one state, but living in another.
- Employee inquiries were not as readily available on the website. Ideally I'd have liked to have been able to allow employees to have access to review their paystubs, etc. online.
- Reviewing previous activity was also not available (though may be now as it was in process when I used the system).
- Accurate employee paycheck calculations
- Reduction of costs and errors/corrections compared to prior system
- Ease of submitting wage and salary information for biweekly payroll as well as quick response to one-off manual or bonus check scenarios.
Previously, I had been calling in payroll information to ADP. ADP was unable to set up an online portal for us and the employees receiving our information often made errors that took time and other valuable resources to correct. Corrections also damaged employee moral and lead to a lot of discourse among staff.
The software was very user friendly. Menus were intuitive so that even with minimal training I found what I was looking for with minimal effort.
The system was very intuitive and user friendly so there wasn't a lot of need to call support, but when necessary, the representatives were knowledgeable and able to help quickly.
I think Paychex Online payroll can be an asset for nearly any employer, especially if there have been improvements to allow employee access and data storage. Many employees prefer to be paperless and would rather access paystubs, W-2s, etc. online and/or via email. It'd also be great for employees to be able to make healthcare, 401k, etc., selections online and/or review selections made previously or in a different venue.
Paychex Accounting Online Feature Ratings
Using Paychex Accounting Online
1 - Staff Accountant
1 - Payroll management handled by staff accountant
- Payroll deduction tracking
- Payroll tax calculation and payment
- More efficient and private payroll records
Had the company I worked for not gone out of business, it is likely they would have continued using this service.
Evaluating Paychex Accounting Online and Competitors
Yes - AADP call-in service for payroll processing. Out of date and inaccurate services provided by ADP led to frustration and a decrease in staff morale.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
Accuracy. No one wants to look at their paycheck and see an error. This can undermine even the best of intentioned employers.
Paychex Accounting Online Implementation
Implementation was very smooth. The most cumbersome task was entering the current employees into the system during initial set up, but Paychex staff handled most of that and verified against prior system reports as well as internal reports provided to ensure 100% accuracy.
Paychex Accounting Online Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Need to explain problems multiple times
Using Paychex Accounting Online
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Entering a new employee
- State tax deductions and calculations