Overall Satisfaction with Planview Enterprise
Planview is used by the information technology program office but we are transitioning from Planview. We are now using a product called PM Universal Workstation. Although Planview was able to store and report project information, it is very cumbersome to use and does not easily feed from some other products we use which results in having to repeatedly enter the same project information in different systems. Also, Planview was not intuitive enough in that the learning curve was too long and takes too long for a PM to get up to speed. There were various different reports that can be run from Planview but i found only a small number of them were helpful and we ended up creating reports in SharePoint for us to use. We also found that we had to employ MS Project Server to track our project schedules as Planview did not allow simple and accurate project tracking. So, as you can see, we were having to supplement Planview with SharePoint for reporting and Ms Project Server for tracking progress. I used Planview for several years and it never got any easier for me to understand. I am not a fan.
- Planview tracks project changes well from inception through approval to closing
- Planview is good with tracking risks and issues
- Planview provides some reporting appropriate for understanding project status
- Planview should review the on-demand reports that are provided with users to make sure they are useful. Also, please make ad hoc reporting more user friendly.
- Planview should make project packages easier to learn for those who are new to the application.
- Planview should make an option to load MS Project information so that users do not have to repeat work.
- Planview was good after initial merger of Wachovia and Wells Fargo to provide a consistant, centralized location to help maintain project compliance but, longterm, it does not serve our needs.
I don't have any other products to compare to Planview
I think I covered that question in my previous comments
Using Planview Enterprise
As I stated, my Program Office has already decided to discontinue using Planview and opted to use PM Univeral Workstation