Email's Best Defense
January 18, 2019
Email's Best Defense
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection for Email
Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection for Email is deployed to our entire email domain. It protects our end users and our network from threats with opening infected attachments (malware) and clicking on phishing emails. This prevents the remediation effort needed to handle situations where users infected their machine and/or network with malware, or fall victim to a phishing attack.
- Block phishing sites when users click on malicious links in their emails
- Block malicious attachments
- Proofpoint Dynamic Reputation is its machine-learning to learn which IP addresses may be compromised to send spam (like part of a botnet) and block them
- The administration interface can be updated with improved navigation.
- Proofpoint does not recommend saving attachments in quarantine which creates an issue when there are false-positives. We cannot release a false-positive since it is not saved due to affecting performance of Proofpoint product when the database gets too big.
- It requires a good amount of time and effort to get familiar with Proofpoint system administration.
- Avoid situations where users clicked on a phishing link in their email
- Prevent opening an infected or malware attachment which can impact the entire network
- Provide a much needed IT security strategy
Our leadership team finds the threat insight dashboard report informative and affirming that the Proofpoint product is a necessity to information and network security. Our help desk and support groups finds it useful to gauge what threats are out there. It gives everyone a wake up call that there are many email threats out there and we need to continue to be vigilant in safeguarding our emails, our network and our users.
Yes, it has blocked malware, including ransomware. There were times where ransomware, such as WannaCry, are proliferating on the internet. Our leadership team have heard on the news and wanted to know how we can be protected. We just tell them not to worry because we have Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection for Email in place.
Besides using the default native protection in the email product itself, we have not looked closely at other email security products. But going with Proofpoint is the right choice. When our leadership team has concerns about malware attacks, we just tell them that we have the security in place using Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection for Email. And we don't just tell them, we provide them the reports coming out of Proofpoint which show the threats being blocked and the metrics.
Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection for Email is well suited for saving time and resources for IT staff from having to handle situations where users clicked on a phishing link in their email and fall victim to it and opening an infected or malware attachment which can impact the entire network and harm the endpoint device. It saves from potential remediation and clean-up work which can be significant to IT organizations.