Phishing Detection and Response Software
What is Phishing Detection and Response Software?
Types of Phishing Detection and Response Software
- Domain identification
- Header analysis
- Link analysis
- Attempted impersonation features
- AI analytics to proactively identify suspicious behavior patterns
- Cross-referencing with known threat libraries, often manually updated by security experts
- End-user reporting
Phishing Detection and Response Software Comparison
- Email vs. Website Phishing: Does each product primarily protect against email phishing or website phishing? They each serve distinct use cases. Email phishing-focused products prioritize threats to the organization that are attempting to compromise the business directly. In contrast, website phishing-focused software helps businesses identify and remediate impersonations of the business itself that are targeting the business’s users or customers.
- Point Solution vs. Email Security Suite: Does the business need a phishing-focused solution to target specific security weaknesses, or is there a broader need for comprehensive security? This distinction will help buyers choose between a phishing solution or an email hosting or security package with additional firewall, hosting, or other features.
- Detection vs. Prevention: What kind of automated capabilities does each product have? There’s significant variation in how much automated remediation in particular each product offers, from automated alerting to incident prioritizing to automatic quarantining suspicious content. While these features can improve security, they can also cause inconvenience in the day-to-day business operations. Consider peer feedback around how automated remediation and prevention features are, as well as whether there have been any business disruptions caused by overzealous automation.
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (formerly Microsoft Defender ATP) is a holistic, cloud delivered endpoint security solution that includes risk-based vulnerability management and assessment, attack surface reduction, behavioral based and cloud-powered next generation protection, endpoint…
SpamTitan blocks unsolicited emails, phishing attempts, spoofing and illicit content. According to the vendor, SpamTitan blocks over 99.9% of spam, viruses, malware, and other email threats.Hundreds of advanced tests scan email separating unwanted email and security threats from…
Cofense Managed PDR (formerly Phishing Defense Center, or PDC) is a security service designed to relieve security operators of the repetitive tasks needed to qualify, investigate, and document alerts. With it the user can focus on responding to verified threats, instead of spending…
DomainTools in Seattle offers their phishing prevention suite, including the Iris Investigation Platform, PhishEye, and Domain Risk Score, designed to help users find out if a domain name is risky, who's behind it, and what other cyber-assets are associated with it.
ScanMail Suite, available for Microsoft Exchange and IBM Domino, is designed to stop highly targeted email attacks and spear phishing by using document exploit detection, enhanced web reputation, and sandboxing as part of a custom APT defense—protection you. In addition, ScanMail…