Overall Satisfaction with Puppet Data Center Automation
We used Puppet to automate installs and configure out environment after the initial OS install. It is only used by our engineering area. The problem it addresses is defeating manual repetitive tasks.
- Automating software install.
- Configuring software after post install.
- Taking the same Puppet code to another environment and have it easily deploy there.
- Decrease the learning curve.
- Introduce ways easy ways to write Puppet code to those who have not done it.
- Introduce a UI for those who are fearful of command line.
- Allows our customer to spend less on software cost.
- Highly agree on employee efficiency.
- Faster lead conversion