Overall Satisfaction with Pure Storage FlashArray
Pure Storage provided a FlashArray AFA for our environment. It is being used by our entire organization here at Ricoh and it solved the immediate storage issues that we had and the bottleneck we were seeing in performance. The snapshot capability also gave us great peace of mind by being able to retain a lot of version at the LUN level on the fly while taking up minimal logical space.
- Ease of Administration: Great web console with the ability to configure everything. Little to minimal console knowledge required.
- Deduplication and Compression: These features work extremely well at ensuring that our data usage remains low on the array even as the business grows.
- Support: Pure's support is quick to respond and able to connect directly to and manage the unit in the case of any issues we encounter.
- Performance: Pure's array is the best performing array according to Gartner's reviews of all-flash arrays (AFA).
- Better connectivity to cloud: While Cloudsnap supports AWS natively, it would be nice to see other vendors and platforms added.
- Better enhancements to reporting: While reporting is good, HPE has the edge when it comes to their Nimble Insights software.
- The array is fairly new so we haven't seen a quantitative ROI yet.
- Currently exceeding business expectations on performance and reliability.