Well suited for small businesshttps://www.trustradius.com/accountingQuickBooks Desktop for MacUnspecified7.8731012014-04-10T19:18:56.340Z
Updated July 08, 2015
Well suited for small business
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks for Mac
We've been using QuickBooks for close to 20 years for all of our accounting needs. In the past 7 years, we've added the QuickBook Server capability to enhance our Bookkeeping Department and have found it very useful.
- Ease of entering vendor invoices as well as credits
- Simplicity of reconciling accounts
- One problem I found unexpectedly was that when you are using the Multi-User feature, your reporting is not 100% accurate which can cause problems at times
- I've upgraded my computer recently to OS 10.7 and have had a few times when my Quick Books quits unexpectedly. This is frustrating and also makes me nervous that I'm losing information
- QBooks has allowed us to increase our productivity time because of the simplicity of entries
- Ease of pulling various reports needed for review for both my company as well as my accountant
I originally reviewed 2 programs back in 1994 and chose QuickBooks. I have been upgrading my QuickBook versions since that time and haven't evaluated any other accounting software programs
Using QuickBooks for Mac
2 - QuickBooks is utilized by my Billing Assistant and myself. My Billing Assistant utilizes QuickBooks for invoice entry, vendor entries and credit card transactions. I utilize it for all other accounting processes.
We do not have an internal Support person - basically that person is me. When and if, we cannot do something that I want to do, I speak with my Accountant and his office assists me. If they can't help me, I then contact Support for Quickbooks directly
- When we first starting using QuickBooks, we used it for entry level tasks only. However as we grew comfortable with it, we continued to expand our use of the program
- Download our payroll information directly from our ADP payroll platform
- Download Banking information
- Begin to do our own payroll directly
QuickBooks for Mac Implementation
QuickBooks for Mac Reliability
I've been using the QuickBooks online version for a little over 6 months now (upgraded from Mac desktop) and I haven't had any access issues. There have been times when it was down for service/upgrade however there is always plenty of notification time given by the Quick Books Online Support team. These upgrade maintenance time frames are always over night hours and on the weekends so everything can be worked around very easily.