Your ticket to the big leagues.
Updated September 21, 2017
Your ticket to the big leagues.
Manager of Sales Support
Five Nines Technology GroupInformation Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
Score 10 out of 10
- ConnectWise Integration
- Order Porter
- Etilize Live Vendor Pricing
- Electronic Ordering
- QuickBooks Integration
Overall Satisfaction with ConnectWise Sell (formerly Quosal)
Quosal is used by our sales, account management, purchasing, and accounting department. Since our transition to Quosal back in 2012, we have realized significant improvements in several key areas of our business. Our sales pipeline average has decreased by 50% while our hardware/software revenue has increased 200% without adding any additional resources. Quosal's API has given us the ability to completely automate our sales process; we are able to produce very impressive sales proposals in a fraction of the time. The manually data entry that previously consumed our sales and accounting resources is now achieved with the simple click of a mouse.
- Quosal has integration with several accounting packages and CRMs. This is key if you want to automate your business processes.
- Quosal's 'Order Porter' (e-quote system) is very end-user friendly. It can be setup to allow your customers to pick and remove products, change quantities, and electronically approve the quote. It can also be configured to capture payment via credit card, paypal, or leasing terms.
- Etilize Live, a module within Quosal, integrates with most major vendor catalogs to provide real-time pricing simply by entering the product sku. It also allows us to place orders with our vendors from within Quosal. We can guarantee that we are getting the best pricing available without the need to shop each vendor website.
- The first year we were using Quosal, they were consistently posting new 'How to' videos and live training sessions to help users become familiar with the software features and best practices. While those videos are still available, they are becoming less relevant with each software version patch. The help manual documentation should be updated with the software versions as well.
- 50% reduction in our average opportunity life cycle.
- 200% increase in revenue without adding additional resources.
- Significant increases in employee efficiency.
We used QuoteWerks for 5 years prior to Quosal - the difference is night and day. Quosal provided the scalability needed to grow our business and take on bigger challenges. Simply put, it was like going from using a spreadsheet to a fully-featured quoting tool. Any company that is looking for more out of their quote software should begin the transition to Quosal.
ConnectWise Sell (formerly Quosal) Implementation
Using ConnectWise Sell (formerly Quosal)
Quosal is a very solid product with a LOT of functionality. Quosal has two main products that they offer, 'Quosal Sell' and 'Quosal Create.' If you are looking for an "out-of-the-box" or "ready to use" quoting software, I would recommend Quosal Sell. If you are interested exploring advanced functionality and integration or have a resource on staff willing to assume an "admin" role, I would highly recommend Quosal Create.
Like to use
Technical support not required
Feel confident using
- Shopping vendors to be sure that you have the best pricing. Quosal integrates with major vendors with a feature called 'Etilize Live." If you simply enter a manufacturer part number, etilize will return pricing for all vendors that carrying that product. If you do not have a manufacturer part number in mind, you can search by category or keyword and narrow down your selection (e.g. laptops or desktops). This process is much easier searching through each individual vendor.
- Posting sales orders and purchase orders to QuickBooks or ConnectWise. Quosal has seamless integration to both applications; this process previously involved copying and pasting each line item from our quoting software (quotewerks) to QuickBooks, basically a part time job. With Quosal, the entire SO/PO can be posting with the click of a button. This was a huge efficiency gain for us.
- Integration to our ConnectWise 'Sales Opportunities' was another function that is easy, we definitely take it for granted now. After sending a quote to your customer, creating the opportunity in ConnectWise is just one more click. This has made it a LOT easier to stay on top of sales forecasting. Before Quosal, our sales reps had to manually enter their opportunities into ConnectWise, this could easily sku our forecasting if they forgot to add the revenue to several opportunities. With Quosal, every time we send a quote to a customer, the opportunity in ConnectWise is updated with the most recent sales numbers.
- The initial setup of Quosal and transition from our previous quoting software was fairly cumbersome for us. I don't blame Quosal at all for this though. When we were first getting Quosal setup, we did everything in our power to stay in our comfort zone and make Quosal work like our previous quoting software. We wasted the implementation session by having our Quosal consultant help modify the software to fit our needs. In retrospect, we should have started with the recommended setup and used the consulting time to learn all of the features and capabilities Quosal had to offer. We made the transition much harder than it needed to be. My advice for any companies new to Quosal: embrace the change. Start with the "canned" best practice setup and learn how the software was designed to work; don't try to conform the software to your process. You purchased Quosal for a reason, probably to improve your sales process and gain other efficiencies. These guys had companies like yours in mind when they created Quosal.
Yes - Quosal does have a mobile app for the ipad. We do not currently use it, but I have tested its functionality enough to know it would be a good product for a lot of companies. We don't use it because because most of our qoutes are created by our sales support team, an then delivered to our clients by our sales reps and account managers. If your sales team is more independent and create their own quotes, this app would be very beneficial to use. It is available for the App store; last I checked, you could demo the full product for 30 days with your Quosal credentials.