Overall Satisfaction with ConnectWise Sell
ConnectWise Sell is our primary quoting and proposal tool. We use it for everything from basic hardware software quotes for our current customers to recurring services and managed services proposals. We use it in just the sales department to support our salespeople and "C" level personnel. We originally switched to ConnectWise Sell because the built-in quoting tool that our PSA was not robust or "pretty" enough to function well for our quotes and proposals.
- ConnectWise Sell does an excellent job of neatly presenting quotes and proposals to the end user. There are multiple different options for the look and function of the quotes. There are also options for custom quote templates that are designed directly for your organization.
- ConnectWise Sell does a reasonably good job of connecting to and working with Autotask. It took our organization about 6 months to figure out the correct way to flow from quote to invoice with our systems. Sell will easily pull in your customer information from Autotask into a quote and allow you to send the quote direct from your email.
- ConnectWise Sell often becomes disconnected from the server. I have often had my other salespeople report that they were adding a product to a quote and it errored out on them saying the server could not be reached. They then have to close the quote completely and reopen it which interrupts their workflow.
- ConnectWise Sell does not always connect very well with Autotask. ConnectWise Sell is admittedly owned by ConnectWise which is a competitor to Autotask. Nevertheless, Sell does not give the ability of making an item set as recurring in the quote transfer to Autotask as a recurring item. All items come up as one-time purchases which may not be true.
- The main advantage we have had from using ConnectWise Sell has been a better tool for sending out quotes and proposals to our customers. The previous quoting tool we used was very bland, did not connect with our vendors price lists, and was not very customizable. Sell has given us a much better and aesthetically pleasing platform for our salespeople.
ConnectWise Sell is great for Managed Service Providers and smaller IT shops who primarily do computer repairs and maintenance. The tool is generally good at everything it does, but I would not recommend using it for a company that sells IT equipment as its primary business. Quotes take a relatively large amount of time to build in order to get them looking good for the end user.