Overall Satisfaction with Rally Software (formerly CA Agile Central)
Rally Software is used by agile development teams to track sprint development work. We also use it to track informal defects and as a requirements repository. It is flexible and powerful to use while also providing export tools for linkage and traceability. Project management, developers, testers, and other stakeholders all use Rally as a comprehensive tool to track, log and assign work.
- Great to use as a requirements repository for software
- Great for creating sprints and assigning user stories as work
- Great for exporting requirements and defects for reporting
- The UI for sprint work is not visually as helpful as Jira's
- Cannot customize fields within defects and user stories within different teams if a different team owns the license
- Created a positive and efficient experience to help push agile into our teams
- Provided a great tracking tool for more visibility into what the work is on a team
- Had consistent linkage between all the item IDs to be able to create all the required documents
Overall, Rally Software is a better and more powerful tool than Jira for the same exact purposes. Jira cannot function as a requirements repository so it needs plugins or separate tools to do the same thing. There is no space or option to see all defects or user stories or tasks in a project. There are no export tools.
I've had to use support only one time and my issue was eventually resolved but not because of my ticket--because others complained about the functionality taken away so they brought it back. My ticket was never answered or addressed. So I can't really say much for the support factor for Rally.
Do you think Rally Software delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Rally Software's feature set?
Did Rally Software live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Rally Software go as expected?
Would you buy Rally Software again?
I find being able to go to a page to see just defects, user stories, test cases, etc. is very helpful. You cannot do that in Jira and that is a big usability limitation. In Rally Software, it is really easy to change the statuses of the stories right on the dashboard page, which is great during a live planning meeting. The export tools work really well and have helped with reporting and building out trace matrices within a regulated industry.