June 13, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Redis Cloud
We make use of Redis Cloud as a very fast and scalable session store across our entire product offering. We needed a session storage solution that would be extremely fast and reliable as well as incorporate into our current technology stack well. Redis Cloud hits on all of those points and has been a very good solution for us.
- Being in memory, it is extremely fast for both storage and retrieval of information.
- The architecture of Redis is such that it allows great flexibility in terms of how data is stored and is not resource heavy.
- Being in the cloud allows us to easily scale and not worry about maintaining hardware/resources which allows us to focus our time on our product.
- The only area of improvement I have found is the documentation is sometimes lacking and could be a little more comprehensive.
- Redis Cloud is very affordable and therefore the cost is negligible when compared to the benefits— immediate ROI with very little startup costs.
We primarily selected Redis Cloud for 3 reason—it's performance and reliability, the overall low cost, and it can easily be scaled to meet our needs as we grow. More secondary to those reasons were the ease of use and how it could be used within our current technology stack without issue.
Redis Cloud is very well suited for scenarios where fast data access is required or somewhat unstructured data needs to be stored. For us, it has worked very well for user session storage. However, if you have large amounts of structured data that is not frequently accessed, Redis is not the solution and a traditional relational database is likely more appropriate.